Davenport Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport Meet

We keep getting calls and emails asking if there is a meet in Davenport this year. YES we are having a meet. It is a regional meet and everything will be the same as always except we wil NOT have judging on Sunday as in the past. We have over 400 vendors already registered , we will have a banquet on Saturday night as normal. The races are on for Friday night. The fairgrounds has added more blacktop and concrete in the back so there will more nice spaces in the back. The meet starts on Thur Aug 30 and will end on Sat Sept 1 after the banquet but feel free to spend the night and hang out. The meet will just be offically over on Sat. night. Any questions give David Lash Chapter President a call. Number can be found on our website. www.chiefblackhawk.org

I will be there as I have to the last 25 years. Cost me and Jeff Coffman $3,000 to bring parts there last year. We have to sell a lot of parts just to pay expense. It will be more this year as gas is going crazy.
    Can you turn the temp. down a little this year? It has been good the last few years but last year it was so hot NO ONE was shopping. By 10 am is was 100.
    Why do you need all the cops? A few yes, dozens NO.

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
      I will be there as I have to the last 25 years. Cost me and Jeff Coffman $3,000 to bring parts there last year. We have to sell a lot of parts just to pay expense. It will be more this year as gas is going crazy.
      Can you turn the temp. down a little this year? It has been good the last few years but last year it was so hot NO ONE was shopping. By 10 am is was 100.
      Why do you need all the cops? A few yes, dozens NO.
      Cops are to keep the peace in the meetings

Comment

Originally posted by knuckcrazy View Post
        Cops are to keep the peace in the meetings
        If it is not a National Meet what meetings will there be?
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Heatstroke?

If you saw dozens of cops at Davenport the heat must have been getting to you!!! The chapter/fairgrounds only has HALF a dozen (6) for the entire meet,some of them are actually off duty members of our chapter. So you must have been seeing double or triple-hopefully the weather cooperates and you do`nt have that problem this year!David

Comment

I have been to Davenport with scorching heat and high humidity and also with drowning rain. It is always great!
            Be sure to visit;

Comment

I am finishing packing for Davenport. Funny no one is talking about the meet? This is the best meet in the world for old bikes. How the races going to be this year? How many bikes?

Comment

A note on the weather:
                The region always goes from extreme to extreme.
                It has been extremely nasty all summer, so its due to be extremely nice.

I am looking forward to the best 'Davenport Meet' ever,

....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I remember Davenport as being "HOT"!!! It's definitely on my list of things to do again. I hope everyone has a great one!!!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    I remember Davenport as being "HOT"!!! It's definitely on my list of things to do again. I hope everyone has a great one!!!!
                    I have also been there during RAIN!
                    Be sure to visit;

Comment

davenport fun2.jpgCannonbal invades Davenport

Comment

The Pope is heading for Davenport!davenport fun1.jpg

Comment

Hello all,

I'll be at Davenport this year, I've missed the last several years, in fact I've only been at the Oley meet since Eustis 2010. I thought I'd give you a heads up to let you know I'll be there just in case there's certain Indian or Honda parts that I may have that you'd like me to bring. I'll also be bringing several bikes for sale. Davenport is always a great meet, no matter what the weather is!!! Davenport is Davenport.

If you have a 32 and up Indian or any Honda that you would like correctly evaluated, see me in my booth. I'll be at V26 & V27.

Robin Markey
                          Bob's Indian Sales & Service

Comment

HI all,
                            Just an update. The front field is full and we have opened the back. If you do not have your vendor spaces already just show up on Thursday morning after 8 AM and we will get a space for you. The weather has been perfect this month. We have special ordered it to be great for the meet. lol. The races are on for Friday night. Saturdays banquet will be catered by Reife's and the speaker is a comedian should be great meal and lots of laughs. We look forward to seeing everyone and come see me if you want to reserve your spaces for next year.
                            Robin it will be great to see you again its been awhile.
                            Davenport 2013 Labor Day weekend 8/29/13-8/31/13
                            Brenda Lash

Comment

Originally posted by Robin--M View Post
                              Hello all,

I'll be at Davenport this year, I've missed the last several years, in fact I've only been at the Oley meet since Eustis 2010. I thought I'd give you a heads up to let you know I'll be there just in case there's certain Indian or Honda parts that I may have that you'd like me to bring. I'll also be bringing several bikes for sale. Davenport is always a great meet, no matter what the weather is!!! Davenport is Davenport.

If you have a 32 and up Indian or any Honda that you would like correctly evaluated, see me in my booth. I'll be at V26 & V27.

Robin Markey
                              Bob's Indian Sales & Service
                              I don't need anything for an Indian. But I will be happy to take ya across the street and buy ya a drink or three. ;-)
                              Be sure to visit;

Comment

Working...
                              X