New Unknown Milwaukee V-twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but this quote hit home. As a kid I put this thing together out of odds and ends. It ran good and was actually pretty fast. Later a nieghbor kid gave me a Whizzer gas tank he had, and I put it on. Fun times.
    Doug.
    I wonder how many homebiult's were made over the last 112 years. It has to be in 100,000's. I'll bet that we could start another thread just for home built's. Everybody send in an old photo of your home built no matter what it looks like. I'll bet
    there are other cool bikes out there like yours. Add a little story of the build and the cops chasing you and the eventual mishaps we all had. That would be fun.

Dick

Comment

Mmmm.... A "home built" thread sounds kinda cool. That's a groovy little sickle Doug! I bet you had a grin on most times you rode it!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
        The way Perry's ohv engine line knocked around in so many incarnations (possibly also the Pope ohv?) reminds me of what Harley tried with the opposed XA (BMW clone) engine. First the army motorcycle, then plans for a cilivian XA ohv sports bike, then in a Servi-Car prototype and lastly plans as a utility engine to power generators and other stuff. But in the end none of that worked out.
        Actually it worked out well. The problem was it was a knock off of the BMW. In 1939 a US company named Delco acquired the US rights for BMW. When H.-D. brought out the XA in 1942 Delco had a hissy fit. That was the end of it.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
        X