No announcement yet.

safe payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have money directly sent to your account with paypal. Once it is there, isn't the deal complete? Mike

Comment

Yes. In this respect it's just like a Western Union transfer. There's none of that Ebay buyer protection etc. It's a point to point cash transfer transaction and that's what you're paying them for. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

cash

Hello if some one wants some thing bad enough they will get the cash.the way things are now a days with the banks/pay pal etc.give me the cash then i can get my proper rest.

Comment

depends on how you use paypal. just bought a sidecar using paypal to protect me on a 2000 mile away sale. if you gift it...no fees, no protection. if you send money for a goods purchase, then they charge the seller 15 percent, but everyone is protected if anything happens. I included the extra 15 percent as a buyer to protect myself, and not take any money away from the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            I hear where Robbie is coming from on this one. I recently sold some parts on ebay and since it had been awhile between my selling dates, they decided to hold my money for me! I gotta wait nearly a month before they'll let me know whether I get it or not! They blatantly say that it's to protect the buyer and insure that I shipped the items! I'd be holding out for cash on a bike sale.
            Corey, and all the while they blantantly make interest on your money as well as thousands of others whi use Ebay as their financial tool for these auctions & buy it now function.

I know the $ goes into an escrow account but something just does not seem right about that part of it. They do give frequent users money back int he form of a coupon number that can be used for more purchasing, but this is on purchases only and that is not right in my book cause the $ they sit on for weeks at a time is earning money for them.

Comment

It's because your not verified.
              AMCA #3149

Comment

Originally posted by ricmoran View Post
                Corey, and all the while they blantantly make interest on your money as well as thousands of others whi use Ebay as their financial tool for these auctions & buy it now function.

I know the $ goes into an escrow account but something just does not seem right about that part of it. They do give frequent users money back int he form of a coupon number that can be used for more purchasing, but this is on purchases only and that is not right in my book cause the $ they sit on for weeks at a time is earning money for them.
                Yeah, it's definitely changed over the years. There musta been a whole lot of hijinks going on to get to this point.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                  It's because your not verified.
                  I guess I'm sidetracking this thread a tad but I don't know how I can't be verified. I've been registered for years and while it's been a stretch since I've sold anything I did dump a bunch of stuff last year. It just came as a suprise is all.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Well being on the weekend I can't call the bank and I have little faith in Paypal. So, cash it is. Only thing to worry alout is that kinda cash in my sweaty hands at a swap.
                    Member# 7397

Comment

Cory, just log on to Paypal and see if your verified. If I remember right it took me two or three years. Why? I haven't a clue. Olddaze, thats what a hand gun is for. If your posture says your packing you'll never have problem. Some of the money that's taken in at these meets by venders is staggering . You have more fire power around you than you'll ever realize. Bob L
                      Last edited by Robert Luland; 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM.
                      AMCA #3149

Comment

Thanks Bob, I'll have to check. Oh, and it seems you thought Olddaze was worried about the risk of packing that kind of cash. I was wondering if he was worried about spending it!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

i know an amca member who was pulled over on the way home from a meet. he had more cash then the state of georgia liked him to have. he lost it to the state. 2 lawyers told him to move on it would cost more to get it back.
                          rob ronky #10507
                          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                            Thanks Bob, I'll have to check. Oh, and it seems you thought Olddaze was worried about the risk of packing that kind of cash. I was wondering if he was worried about spending it!
                            Right on the mark. I'm not a small guy, so if the money is missing it's because I spent it.
                            Member# 7397

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                              i know an amca member who was pulled over on the way home from a meet. he had more cash then the state of georgia liked him to have. he lost it to the state. 2 lawyers told him to move on it would cost more to get it back.
                              That sucks... You would think that his story would have been plausable and even verified if need be. To have his money confiscated wreaks of wrong.

Originally posted by olddaze View Post
                              Right on the mark. I'm not a small guy, so if the money is missing it's because I spent it.
                              I guess I had a 50/50 chance.....
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                                O.K. now I'm gonna have to take an extra blood pressure pill!!!
                                Kerry
                                Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

Working...
                                X