Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
    My Vista IE consistantly takes ninety seconds to change pages
    It might be interesting to see if it works better if you tried a different browser. Internet Explorer (IE) might be the issue... I use Firefox and Safari browsers and this site works well with either one. Google Chrome is another option and browsers are free downloads, too, so you've got nothing to lose! Just an idea.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Harry!

Unfortunately, I am a guest upon the Vista machine; My wife would be alarmed by a new program as an invasion of her territory, and I dare not risk that!
      (I'm lucky she will still let me insert my traveldrive.)

PC#2 uses an old Opera quite well,
      but this site is inconsistent with things like:
      When jumping through the photo upload hoop after hoop after hoop, sometimes the button says "browse", and sometimes it says "choose",.. and sometimes there are few hoops at all!
      (A Compaq, it is the only one that can upload a pic. But it cannot edit a post.)

PC#3, the tortured Gateway, had its antique WIN98 IE become impossible to even properly view this site, a year or more ago.
      I have the pleasure of posting this very message from it now.

Neither of the WIN98 machines can accept any modern upgrade. I lost FireFox because of that.

Go Figure, I guess is the expression.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotten, it sort of bugs me that computers, unlike motorcycles, can be rendered useless after a few years not because there's anything wrong with them mechanically, but because they are no longer supported by the software guys (so you gotta buy a new one I guess). I knew a math professor in upstate New York who had written a computer program in the late 70's that would only run on an Apple II computer... by the time the 90's rolled around he was going to garage sales hoping to find old Apple II's so he could scavenge parts off them to keep his old one going, he had a garage full of Apple II parts... now that's more like the antique bike ethic!

Someday you might get a newer computer running a more current operating system... then you'll be all set... for a few more years anyway!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Harry!

I recently found a perfect Sony Watchman in the box.
          With no analog TV signals, it is a true testament to our technological spiral into the abyss.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            Harry!

I recently found a perfect Sony Watchman in the box.
            With no analog TV signals, it is a true testament to our technological spiral into the abyss.

....Cotten
            I'm having trouble with the message that says my post is too short, and I must use minimum of 10 characters.
            I'm also noticing that there is no thread line or "help" line for difficulties on this forum, unless it is in this "Board" thread.
            A good place for such a thread might be under the "shovelheads", as that rhymes with "trouble-head", which is what I always thought they were anyway(!!).
            Yes, ... "Trouble-thread" ... for us forever-technically-challenged.

Comment

Working...
            X