long time to change screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long time to change screens

Is it my computer or the new system that is taking so long -30 seconds- to change screens. my other sites work fine. this has been in the past few days,
    Thanks
    Richard

A little late for a reply, but I have not had any problems of that sort. Good luck.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

My old Gateway with WIN98 opens in a reasonable time on dial-up,
      and keeps me logged in,
      but the texts are in long vertical strings and I cannot post.
      Only this site comes up with that format.

My old old Compag win WIN98 and dialup is slow, but it always works faithfully, and at about the same speed.
      Adding photos is no problem, inspite of the incredibly byzantine attachment format of this site.

My wife's Toshiba laptop with VISTA on DSL commonly takes as long as two minutes to open a fresh screen on this site;
      The drag-and-drop in the attachment format does not work, and a fresh .jpg upload just sits and spins and spins.

This site is the ONLY site where I encounter such gliches, over and over.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I have a 1 year old computer with Windows 7 and this site has been very slow for a few months. All other sites and forums come up right away. The search time always reads about one second.

Comment

Ditto

I have had similar problems now for at least 6 months and I am really unable to use this site at all anymore. The AMCA site come up immediately but the Bulletin Board takes 2-3 minutes to come up and/or change pages. I have Windows 98 on one computer and Vista on my HP laptop. Now, if I take the laptop somewhere else and log on via a different internet service provider I have no problem, it all comes up immediately! And yes, the ISP here did change last year and that's when the problem began. Well, to be accurate, ownership changed, I don't think the equipment changed, but then, what do I know? So is this problem ISP dependent? My ISP is NewWave and I am located in Vincennes, Indiana.

I would sure like to see some resolution to this so that I could once again follow the discussions on this site.

Howard

Comment

I periodically get waiting times. Once in awhile it's bad enough that I give up. For the most part lately it's been not too bad.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

It's blazing fast this morning!
              But uploading a pic still just sits and spins infinitely, and I must return to WIN98 and dial-up.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

...and I must go to a third PC to be allowed to delete the duplicate posts automatically generated by the first one sitting and spinning, and spinning...

More bugs than an alley cat.

....Cotten
                AMCA #776

Comment

Never had a problem. Windows XP, 6 year old Dell XPS, Verizon broadband.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

It was all working fine for the last few months. Now in the last couple of weeks it is back to being painfully slow again.

Comment

Mine is also very slow on all pages.
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

When the "activity stream" suddenly took over,
                        my oldest PC that could barely read the site became very useable!

But my newest with VISTA would spin for minutes for each click, with no pattern to the wait.
                        (Still cannot upload pics, or even drag 'n drop old pics I have uploaded.)
                        Clicking 'submit' on a post then spins forever. Clicking 'preview' or whatever changes the screen, and another submit gets me a duplicate post that I cannot edit nor delete,... without going to an older PC!

Now that the activity stream is no longer the opening page,
                        my rejuvenated oldest PC ain't what she was, but still almost useable.

I am posting from it now.
                        The Vista on DSL is worthless for this site,
                        but has absolutely no issues with any other forum I care to visit.
                        Admittedly, there are few.

....Cotten
                        AMCA #776

Comment

interesting, now with that "Activitiy Steam" setting, my screen looks like crap when I select the "Whats New" setting. I struggled for days comparing this site and another site to figure what the heck happened as it really has become un-readable. I had the oportunity to tray a different PC today and figured it woulod all be ok, but it was not, so now I see its not something on my PC but something being driven from the site.

More searching and now I found that I can slelect between "Activity Stream" and "New posts". Unfortunaltly I can't seem to save the "new posts" menu item, as default BUT at least I now can do an extra keystroke and get a readable screen. Yay. . . I would wish the site to change back though.
                          Bob Beatty
                          AMCA 19209

Comment

Originally posted by NiteOwl View Post
                            i.... . . I would wish the site to change back though.
                            Not Me!

My tragically obsolete hard /softwares both work noticeably better, although my modern package suffers badly.

Considering the nature of our subject matter, it is ironically appropriate.

.....Cotten
                            AMCA #776

Comment

Well Folks,

My Vista IE consistantly takes ninety seconds to change pages, and will not allow a photo upload.
                              My WIN09 IE takes a few seconds, but works well,.... until I attempt an edit.

It freezes, and I must return to the Vista machine to edit, whereupon I now find it spontaneously logs me out between pages.

One can only wonder how many members with less patience are inhibited from participating.

....Cotten
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X