Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kval View Post
    Cory
    unfortunatly he never said much about where the bike came from or the history of it. I did talk to the person who put it together for him from a pile of parts Andy had.
    the bike that Denis pictured is definitly the bike that Andy brought to the meets
    Thanks for the reply Kevin. I had tried to contact the fella that put it together for him without success. Now it's too late. I was hoping someone might know. It's weird how a bike will grab ya and have you searching for answers!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by denismccarthy View Post
      Cory,

What was the story on that Harley you mentioned? We can jump off this thread and talk somewere else about it if you want... Or this is fine. Heck, I started it!
      Denis,

August "Blick" Wolters was a privateer that couldn't get his hands on a Harley "Peashooter" or an Indian single so he was forced to work with what he had. This was about the time that it was believed that too many ponies were hitting the track and officials were looking to limit horsepower. He took a 1924 H-D twin and blanked off the rear cylinder and grafted Cyclone parts onto the front. It was one tough looking bike with the Merkel fork up front!! The only photo I'm aware of is in Stephen Wright's book "American Racer".
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Picture, please, cory!

Comment

Surfdude, I would have to ask Mr. Wright if it's O.K. first. I'll see what he says.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            Surfdude, I would have to ask Mr. Wright if it's O.K. first. I'll see what he says.
            cabin fever cory? are you really looking for mr. wright? sorry i had to say it.
            rob ronky #10507
            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

With you around Rob, I should really know better....

Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

nice, rob!

Comment

Originally posted by surfdude View Post
                  nice, rob!
                  Yeah, that guy will get ya if your not paying attention...
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                  X