Lee Hartung Collection videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Hartung Collection videos

don't know if these where posted but must see videos http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/ind...sk=view&id=417

Unbelieveable. What an incredible collection.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

WOW, that is cool stuff !!!!

Comment

My first thought when I saw this thread was that sure, I had seen the videos. Wrong!!! I hadn't seen these ones! I'll echo Eric, "Unbelieveable". I'd be happy to own any one of those machines. Thank-you kindly for posting the link.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Dale on behalf of all those who love old old motorcycles. I thank you for bringing your wonderful opportunity to share this unveiling to all of us who are so far away. My wife and and I sat down tonight and it beat any movie we've seen in years. I would have loved to have had a beer with the Mr.Hartung. I believe that old motorcycles are one of the few passions that all walks of life are on an even playing field.
          Ross

Comment

Here's a video of him taking that Glenview Fire Department Henderson for a spin around the compound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CNXrfV3jEdE

Comment

Some of our club (Vintage Iron Riders) are wanting to view the estate items next week. Does anyone know who we should contact to make arrangements? I don't even know where in Glenview to go.
              Please help.
              George Tinkham
              Springfield, IL
              www.virmc.com
              AMCA # 1494
              1941 Indian 841
              1948 Indian Chief
              1956 H-D KHK
              1960 CH
              1964 BMW R69S
              1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
              1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

I hope this helps George.... http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event...?SaleCode=LH11
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

cory i think they want $200 to preview.
                  rob ronky #10507
                  www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

According to the RM Auction website, preview of the Hartung collection is on Tuesday and Wednesday, November 1st and 2nd, and costs only $20.00. If you wish to bid there is a $100.00 fee plus various documentation requirements for payment. Suggest checking out the RM Auction website for the specifics.

Comment

I read 20 dollars as well. Man, that's going to be quite the auction. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I guess it paid to be a scrap dealer when the early stuff was going for junk. He did quite the service at saving those bikes.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

In 60 years time when some one clears out a current shed full of 20 year old cars and EVO Harlies etc (80 years old by then), will it be as exciting or important, I doubt it!
                        What a once in a life time find and experience.
                        Thanks Dale for the videos and FLTHead for putting the link up.

Ken
                        Last edited by Baytown; 10-25-2011, 09:14 PM.
                        Ken Kemp
                        Nth Queensland
                        AUSTRALIA
                        Member # 8756

47 Chief
                        2006 BMW K1200S
                        Getting seriously interested in Vincent
                        2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
                        SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

i guess that's how i start bad internet rumors. sure looks like $ 20.00 to me this time.
                          rob ronky #10507
                          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baytown View Post
                            In 60 years time when some one clears out a current shed full of 20 year old cars and EVO Harlies etc (80 years old by then), will it be as exciting or important, I doubt it!
                            What a once in a life time find and experience.
                            Thanks Dale for the videos and FLTHead for putting the link up.

Ken
                            I think you're on to something Ken. These kind of auctions are likely to appear from time to time over the next few years but down the line I don't see near the excitement with more modern stuff.

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                            i guess that's how i start bad internet rumors. sure looks like $ 20.00 to me this time.
                            It happens to the best of us Rob....
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to those awesome video's! Really cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X