No announcement yet.

cool pictures from Altoona PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry left this web site because you kept harping on his yard long photo that he said was printed on German paper and he wanted a high price for it,just like what Matt posted some one wanting to sell something for what THEY thought is worth.
    Your a senior judge you should be trying to get people to add to this site don't leave it,and if you want to be a comic maybe you should try TV

Comment

Originally posted by bill campbell View Post
      Barry left this web site because you kept harping on his yard long photo that he said was printed on German paper and he wanted a high price for it,just like what Matt posted some one wanting to sell something for what THEY thought is worth.
      Your a senior judge you should be trying to get people to add to this site don't leave it,and if you want to be a comic maybe you should try TV
      It is my opinion that if you have a position in the AMC you should be required to abide to a set of standards. In those required standards I personally think you should not do anything to degrade anyone and what they are doing as far as selling something. The AMCA recongnizes Businesses who belong to and advertise in our club magazine. If someone with a business or just a plain old member who is selling a bike or a few parts should not be subjected to harassment by a member who posts his position in the Club under his identity. Do the clubs bylaws allow members such as judges to come on this website and degrade someone for what they are selling and for how much they are selling it for? If so it is maybe time to add to our bylaws or just eliminate the whole buy and sell sections? I also take offense to a Member who should have that respect and they are on another website with "AMCA MEMBER" emblazoned under their ID and they are hammering a guy who is just trying to sell a few parts. That make the whole club look bad and as Billy says above they should be doing things to promote our club and add to membership. Without opening a can of worms I can think of 2 Judges who are not Judges anymore and can't remember that behavior from either one of them? Again as mentioned above just MY OPINION. 46EL

Comment

Thanks Matt, I really enjoyed seeing those photos !

Comment

What Scott said!!!

As for the rest of it..... I for one miss having Barry on the forum. He is a very knowledgeable fella when it comes to old bikes and he's pretty sharp on the history too!! If somebody is willing to pay a high price for something, then it must have been worth it to them. I would love to get every part or piece of memorabilia for peanuts but that's a rare occasion. I've decided instead of griping about it that I just have to face the fact that I can't get everything I want and should be happy with what I have.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Cory,
            Many years ago I worked in a Mom & Pop machine shop. On the wall of the office was the saying "Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want"
            I took it to heart and it has served me well over the years. Every time I feel a little too stressed over wanting something I try to sit back and look at what I have. I always realize the stuff I want is not really important.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

And in the end it is just STUFF, wise words Robbie.

AM reading about about the Arms of Krupp. One of the sentences in the book talk about kranks.....sick old people, so when I see this stuff I think they are kranks and enjoy back biting others because that is all they have left in life, to be kranky and see what kind of rise they can get out of the other fellow.

Makes me laff, because it's like a fishing expedition, they get a bite and then they play the line until it breaks or the rod breaks and smashes them in their faces......pray for the latter......

life is too DAMN short

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                Cory,
                Many years ago I worked in a Mom & Pop machine shop. On the wall of the office was the saying "Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want"
                I took it to heart and it has served me well over the years. Every time I feel a little too stressed over wanting something I try to sit back and look at what I have. I always realize the stuff I want is not really important.
                Robbie
                That's definitely a good way of looking at things Robbie. I've been spending a little time in my shop lately after a hiatus and find myself pretty darn content. I still have a couple bikes on my wish list but I'm not too worried about it.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by ricmoran View Post
                  life is too DAMN short
                  Precisely!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by ricmoran View Post
                    And in the end it is just STUFF, wise words Robbie.

AM reading about about the Arms of Krupp. One of the sentences in the book talk about kranks.....sick old people, so when I see this stuff I think they are kranks and enjoy back biting others because that is all they have left in life, to be kranky and see what kind of rise they can get out of the other fellow.

Makes me laff, because it's like a fishing expedition, they get a bite and then they play the line until it breaks or the rod breaks and smashes them in their faces......pray for the latter......

life is too DAMN short
                    I used to work with a "Krank" if that is what it isn called? He was 67 years old and was eligible for a full Pension plus his Social Security.
                    Even when the Union showed him on paper he could stay home and make $200 A WEEK more being retired he still came to work daily. Reason, so he could make people miserable all day as he didn't know what to do with himself when he wan't working. I though of him as a "bully" and god forbid you said something back to him about anything he said or did. And when you did and he always blamed the other guy. Then he would get silent and be pissed off because you ruined his fun. My Union Steward after having a lengthly conversation with this "krank" about the trouble he caused pointed to a Tire on a Tri-Axle Dumptruck and said he would have had better luck trying to reason with the tire. 46EL

Comment

wow guys,
                      Please do not hijack any positive threads about cool old bike stuff with your bickering. It is embarrassing and does not represent the membership of the club well. If you guys have differences between each other, set them aside and remember that we are all here because we love old bikes.
                      best,
                      Matt Olsen
                      A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

I’ll have to agree with your analogy Matt. If ya got nothing good to say? Shut the f#@k up. I thought this stuff was great. The seller gave ya more to graz upon than anyone else would have and ya didn’t even have to buy it! Bob L
                        Last edited by Robert Luland; 10-21-2011, 05:42 AM.
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill campbell View Post
                          Actually Barry left after I wished everyone a Merry Christmas. He responded by asking if I meant everyone. When I said yes, everyone, he packed his bags and left. I had nothing to do with him leaving. That was his choice. I have an had an individual on this board hound and belittle me on a daily basis. I had to realize where this was coming from and deal with it. Today it is no longer an issue. I didn't run away.

I have no objection to someone making a fair profit on something. That is how business survive. But to take an item that cost a certain dollar and then ask five or seven times that amount for something that is a copy is just plain wrong. Guys who score an old bike for a fair price then sell it for ten times that amount to someone with a lot of disposable money are raising the cost of like machines. Unless a young person is fortunate enough to be born into a family in the hobby how many young men could afford to buy an antique motorcycle in todays market? When I started you could buy a running Knuck or a Pan for 200 bucks. That was less than two weeks pay. When todays young men are working for ten/fifteen bucks and hour there is no way they could ever expect to get into this hobby. To me it is a hobby. Something I love. To others it is a business and they try to squeeze every nickel they can from it. There are guys who buy, sell, and make parts at a fair price. That is good for them and good for the hobby. But others are profiteers who gouge over the top prices. I have made copy negatives of H-D factory photos. I sold them for a more than fair price making a small profit on each. I probably could have sold them for a lot more money. But I have to live with myself. Now I don't need to make a copy negative. I can simply scan the photo and give the file to somebody. If they choose to have a print made that is up to them. A photo made from a copy negative is never as good as one made from the original negative. So I jumped in Barry's face about the exorbitant price he was asking for his copy photos that were proudly printed on "German Paper" and had his signature on them. Others also noted he was gouging. He couldn't stand the heat so he got out of the kitchen. That was his choice. The only thing keeping Barry away from this board is himself.
                          Since then, to many people, "German Paper" has come to mean something that is overpriced.
                          Last edited by Chris Haynes; 10-21-2011, 12:46 PM.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                          X