cool pictures from Altoona PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool pictures from Altoona PA

I saw this link posted over on the AMCA Facebook Page and thought you guys would enjoy seeing it. The bikes are pretty amazing. I saw a 15 harley and X in the pictures but for the most part they are all 12 to14. check it out.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-Rare-1...item45fd420bd9
    A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Awfully expensive. Must have been printed on German paper.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

give it up chris. you already made that member quit coming here . he cant even see you cant let this go

aka HAWG
      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
      1940 indian chief military
      1965 sportster xlch
      1969 sportster xlch bobber
      1971 bsa A65 chopper
      1969 harley ss350 sprint
      1960 harley topper
      1963 harley topper
      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
      1959 harley model 165
      1960 harley super 10
      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
        give it up chris. you already made that member quit coming here . he cant even see you cant let this go

aka HAWG
        I knew that would get you going. You are sooo predictable.
        Be sure to visit;

Comment

Chris is this what you live for to get a rise out of anyone over what Barry Brown was trying to sell.last time I checked we still live in America where its O.K. to sell something and make a profit.
          I think you need to do a reality check on your self instead of trying to piss people off maybe try to get Barry back on line.

Comment

I know many "profiteers" who make money selling things including myself. Then we sometimes believe it or not take the money we make and buy more motorcycles and parts. When we do this sometimes something comes along and we might even keep it for ourselves because it is a little more affordable when you buy things in bulk. When I take the money I make and buy more stuff it helps out someone else who also makes money and buys more stuff. Once and a while i'll buy a big bunch of stuff at a swap meet. I sell what I don't need at a profit and keep the stuff I do need at a reduced price or maybe even for nothing if I am lucky. Yes, I am a "profiteer" if that is what you want to call it. I have even been known to take some of the money I make and blow it on frivilous things like food, gas and even Health Care Insurance. If you think of it as being a "profiteer" that is your choice. I think of it as "life" or "living" or even "making the world go around". If you look down on me for making a buck next time you go to work tell your boss you're gonna work a few days for free. OK? You wouldn't want to make a profit would you? Or even maybe become a "profiteer" yourself would you? 46EL

Comment

profiteer. one who makes an unreasonable amount of profit. don't be a profiteer. be a good businessman.
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                profiteer. one who makes an unreasonable amount of profit. don't be a profiteer. be a good businessman.
                I hope, I repeat HOPE i'm more of a profiteer than a good businessman? I hope that i'm making unreasonable amounts of money? Lets think about it. Everyone knows it is so easy to make a ton of money today on Antique Motorcycle Parts especially on ebay. It's not like you have to give ebay and paypal 15% of what you get. Gas is cheap and my accountant does my Taxes for almost nothing. Healthcare Insurance is very reasonable for me at about $1,000 a month. And there is hardly any paperwork involved or time spent packaging parts or standing in line at the Post Office or UPS. And remember that perfect unmolested original antique motorcycle parts needing no work whatsoever are on every street corner today. Swap Meets are and easy way to make a buck as people buy the stuff as fast as you put it out for sale especially with todays thriving economy. And it's not like anyone steals anything today. You can walk away from your spot and sometimes there is more stuff on your table than there was when you left! I even heard very recently out in California you can buy Stainless Muffler Covers for $85 all over the place. GO WEST young man! Seek and ye shall be rewarded! Tons of Money to be made! Before you accuse anyone of being a profiteer try selling stuff yourself and see what you are up against today please. 46EL

Comment

My cost to go to Davenport Ia. meet this year was $1,500 and 10 days gone from home. So I had to sell $5,000 of parts just to pay the cost of getting the part there and back. I sold half as much this year as last year. I would have been better off putting the parts on e-bay, but I love the Davenport meet. Pay pal says they are sending 1099 k out to anyone that sells more than 200 parts or makes more that $20,000 total. They are also sending the 1099 k to the IRS. I think the profiteer's are the IRS. You take 30% out of the price of the parts you sell and you have NO profit.

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
                    My cost to go to Davenport Ia. meet this year was $1,500 and 10 days gone from home. So I had to sell $5,000 of parts just to pay the cost of getting the part there and back. I sold half as much this year as last year. I would have been better off putting the parts on e-bay, but I love the Davenport meet. Pay pal says they are sending 1099 k out to anyone that sells more than 200 parts or makes more that $20,000 total. They are also sending the 1099 k to the IRS. I think the profiteer's are the IRS. You take 30% out of the price of the parts you sell and you have NO profit.
                    If ebay and the swap meets are too much trouble you can list stuff for sale here for free or other places like the Classic Iron Website. The only problem with that is there are the big neighborhood bullies who prey on you and have comments about what you are selling and what you want for the stuff. But you are pretty much wellknow and that might not happen to you. Usuall the big bullies only prey on the little guy who they think they don't know and can't hurt them just like way back when in Grade School. I learned one thing from my late father about bullies. One good kick in the nuts usually brings them to their knees. Wether or not they learn anything from that kick in the scrotum is never known. Some guys learn and some just piss on one electric fence after another all through their lives. 46EL

Comment

That photo album has a lot going for it, as expensive as it is. Luna Park was located at the south east side of Cleveland. Some of the rides there ended up at other amusment parks after Luna park closed during the depression of the late 20's.

I remember my Mom and Dad talking about Luna park as they went there when they were kids.
                      There is a lot on the net about this place and for amusement park affeciandos, those who have the dough will be highly interested in this lot as the races at Luna Park were short lived. The veledrome was converted to the home football field for John Carrol University from what I read, was after a couple of years of use for m.c. racing.

Also, I think this was the place where the first professional football game was played, so that history makes this grouping quite a piece of Luna parks earlier years history.

If one does a web search of Luna Park there is a ton of info to read about this quite amazing place.

And one thinks of Diney when it comes to this stuff, Luna Park was way ahead of it's times for Amusement Parks in the US.

FYI, there is more to his pricing that meets the eye when one takes some time to do research of all of it, life is a lot larger than just motorcycles fellas!!

Comment

46el sounds like you don't know the definition of profiteer.perhaps you did not see the photo of my 2006 international on the hook. i know all about the cost of swap meets they want 20g's to put a motor in it. maybe i can sell a front springer fork for 6 grand to help cover the cost. i know you guys don't like chris. but he makes some good points.all you have are some photos and a box for 6 grand lets say the auction is for 20 photos. do you think each one is worth $300? who can say somebody dose not have a box full of the same photos maybe 10 of each. wouldn't that be a kick in the balls if you paid $6,000 and next week they come up again.i think they are cool photos but to high priced for me.
                        rob ronky #10507

Comment

Originally posted by bill campbell View Post
                          get Barry back on line.
                          Barry left on his own accord. The only thing keeping him away is himself.
                          My above post was ment in jest.
                          Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                            46el sounds like you don't know the definition of profiteer.perhaps you did not see the photo of my 2006 international on the hook. i know all about the cost of swap meets they want 20g's to put a motor in it. maybe i can sell a front springer fork for 6 grand to help cover the cost. i know you guys don't like chris. but he makes some good points.all you have are some photos and a box for 6 grand lets say the auction is for 20 photos. do you think each one is worth $300? who can say somebody dose not have a box full of the same photos maybe 10 of each. wouldn't that be a kick in the balls if you paid $6,000 and next week they come up again.i think they are cool photos but to high priced for me.
                            If a guy lists whatever he list for 6g's that is his business. Maybe he is fishing to get an idea of what it is worth? Maybe he is looking for someone to make him an offer? Maybe he needs the money to buy a new truck or a motor or he needs the money for medical bills? I myself in life have needed money for all of the above. Whatever it is it is his business and his life and his decision. He does not need anyone screwing with his auction. If I see something like that and I don't understand it I just move on to the next item. How many times have you seen something listed for big money and it ends up selling for twice the original amount. If someone pays 6 grand or whatever that is their business also. Life is hard enough without someone slandering you when you are trying to do what you have to do to make ends meet. I never even closely looked at the auction and could care less what it is or what it is worth and it is none of my business as it does not interest me. Wether it is a brake drum or a bunch of photos leave the poor guy alone. I personally have more important things to do and worry about. 46EL

Comment

i must have missed the slandering
                              rob ronky #10507

Comment

Working...
                              X