• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob was great!!!!!So is Gala
    BlackHawk '74.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Runnlo View Post
      I just wish we could go back to the time when Davenport was the largest antique motorcycle show and swap meet in the world...when everything was in the little building, and all the bikes were judged on a concrete pad where the new building is now....and the swap meet (with nothing but "antique" motorcycle parts) was behind the little building, in that small wedge where all the motorhomes are now. Nobody wanted to miss Davenport!
      As a long time Vendor at Davenport, I continue to support the Chief Blackhawk M/C with my membership money helping insure that meets like Davenport and Eustis never die. Some of the National Board are looking very hard to find a venue to take Davenports Glory away, or would encourage someone to start a competing event. We all should join / donate to keep Davenport alive. Is it not funny that the National would not lower the required fee to the National from Davenport, right at the same time they were losing the not for profit Status for us all by making too much money? Go figure.

Comment

Hi Shelby.
        Too bad about that fiasco at D-port, yeah, but D-port has strong legs and big shoulders, and they'll be fine, even if the National sees fit to establish another venue to replace the functions it used to rely on d-port for.
        I don't fear for the health of the national directorship either, but I do fear for the will to serve our club. The IRS code has required a lot of shuckin' and jivin', and while it may seem pretty simple to stay non-profit it still takes lawyers and accountants to make sure it's legit. I want to suggest that it all takes a lot more out of our leadership than it does the rest of us. I just hope there's always somebody around who is willing to handle the toilet paper for me.
        There are other national tasks that complicate things as well, that further complicate or compromise the overall happiness of the club, judging being the easiest to mention. ... gotta say, I'm just glad it's not my dam job.
        how's it go,, "can't please all the people all the time" ??

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
          Hi Shelby.
          Too bad about that fiasco at D-port, yeah, but D-port has strong legs and big shoulders, and they'll be fine, even if the National sees fit to establish another venue to replace the functions it used to rely on d-port for.
          I don't fear for the health of the national directorship either, but I do fear for the will to serve our club. The IRS code has required a lot of shuckin' and jivin', and while it may seem pretty simple to stay non-profit it still takes lawyers and accountants to make sure it's legit. I want to suggest that it all takes a lot more out of our leadership than it does the rest of us. I just hope there's always somebody around who is willing to handle the toilet paper for me.
          There are other national tasks that complicate things as well, that further complicate or compromise the overall happiness of the club, judging being the easiest to mention. ... gotta say, I'm just glad it's not my dam job.
          how's it go,, "can't please all the people all the time" ??
          I understand you thoughts, and believe me I want the AMCA to survive all storms. As a Chapter Director I can see the problems, local chapters have very little resources, but we get the job done. The IRS issues may have been solved by addressing the issue more aggressively when it first came up, maybe not, the National had the money to hire lawyers and accountants. I heard a lot of blame placed on a dead member and things falling through the cracks. If we can afford a Executive Director, we could afford a CFO to keep the books and guide the club. We should not expect the National Board to be professional Directors but have the wisdom to seek help for larger issues

We are where we are, how do we keep from falling apart, when like the Foundation Question came up, history keeps repeating itself if nothing changes the course. If the National Board wants to maintain tight control of the Club, it should be held accountable for running it properly. I say this with the highest respect for the Board members that deserve it, Respect is earned by deeds, not given freely without question. Shelby

Comment

Working...
          X