Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know how the davenport iowa swamp meet is going??? lot of parts ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys put on a real nice show. thanks for taking the time. i know you didn't ask for the heat.now for the kicker here is how my trip turned ugly. dam truck lost a turbo and pushed oil out ever gasket it had. this international cf. has been the biggest pos you can buy. stay away from buying one. junk 100%

rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

one last thing this guy dale will make all you henderson guys happy. he is making a great looking cylinder.

rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Rob, Thank You for all the pics. Know if that Vincent was up for sale or was it a look at me deal?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
          Anybody know the story on the unrestored Jefferson OHV twin in post #9 above? Who is the owner? Was it for sale? How much?

Any idea on the background on this Jefferson OHV and how much of it is original?

Thanks!
          Herb- not sure of owner but if I recall correctly the Jefferson was for sale at 55k, I have some more pics I can find if you want them- just pm me and I will find them. Anthony.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
            hang up and drive
            Rob

Thanks for the shot, good talking with you at the meet. I must have rode at least 10 miles inside the fair grounds on the Ghost, is this photo the best you can do?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
              Anybody know the story on the unrestored Jefferson OHV twin in post #9 above? Who is the owner? Was it for sale? How much?

Any idea on the background on this Jefferson OHV and how much of it is original?

Thanks!
              it belongs to Dave Lightner

Comment

most of the venders I talked to about the meet all said the same no one showed up. there where a lot more venders and a lot less customers buying .all in all it was worth the trip.Jeff from the west coast said Thursday was his best davenport ever and I thought sales where very slow Thursday because of the heat , but I did get the diamond frame Mike the picker got from John Chadwell turns out its a twin frame around 1907-8 and motors out there???

Comment

just got home from davenport - yess tooooooo hot, we left for national motorcycle museum during races because of the heat

that's dave leitner jefferson

I purchased block chain and a repo headlight/prestolite tank bracket for the "X"

I saw lots of people walking around but not many carrying treasures

my biggest complaint would have to be the driver/s of the cars in the parking lot that blocked me and others in. someone parked right behind my trailer friday morning preventing me from unloading my bikes to show - and they did not see the car parked in front of me. when they finally came back I asked the to move ( they did ) and while eatting a few feet away unloaded 1 bike some one else parked in same spot blocking 2nd bike in trailer - they arrived just before races to leave. I noticed I was not the only one with 3 or 4 cars in a row

t5hanks for the pics rob - some are of things I missed

aka HAWG
                  1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                  1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                  1940 indian chief military
                  1965 sportster xlch
                  1969 sportster xlch bobber
                  1971 bsa A65 chopper
                  1969 harley ss350 sprint
                  1960 harley topper
                  1963 harley topper
                  H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle