No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Cannonball 2012 Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big Cannonbal fan, but talking to folks hoping to participate. Their planning on 20,000 grand plus expenses for the whole deal. They already have the machine, lot's of folks - my self included. Just don't have that kind of cash surplus. Not to mention the fact,if I were to blow my Henderson up, it would be out of action a long time.It took me years to git it up running, 3,000 miles is a couple years of fun for me on Sunday mornings :-) So I will be a big fan from the side lines again, wishing all that enter all the best of luck.

Comment

• My comment about 101's was out of line. I know people love them, so more power to them. If everyone loved the same stuff, it would be a pretty boring hobby. You know; like knuckleheads.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
        I've never ridden a 101 so I have never understood the hub-bub. I have ridden a 741 Indian and if a 101 is anything like that, you can have 'em.
        Eric, I have been fortunate enough to own and ride a lot of different motorcycles, including a 101 Scout and a 741. Both look pretty cool but I sold the 741 the same year I bought it and still have my 101 many years and miles after buying it.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

• Eric, I have never ridden a 101 either - but I think their like the Whizzer brotherhood - once you ride one, you will buy one :-) Yesterday I was at Indian Day West and today out on the coast on my 25 scout. Both yesterday and today, Cannonbal was in the air - lots of talking going on. At an antique gathering is one thing, but it surprised me today. Just out riding and have people asking about it. I was asked no less than three times if I knew someone with a 101 for sale, as they wanted to ride one in the Cannonbal - a crack up.

Comment

• I miss spoke in the earlier post, estimated cost for the Cannonbal by some accounts approaching 17,000 bucks. I was just taken aback buy the amount, did'nt consider all envolved. Pit crews, lodging, not to mention gas for all the none two wheel vehicles, a big undertaking!

Comment

• hi tom, i think some of those figures may be a bit tall. one rider ,with one other person in a support truck should expect to spend between 8 and 10 grand on the road. that includes entry fee, hotels, gas, food, and the return trip home. alot of riders are teaming up and sharing hotels ,and support trucks,which cuts costs considerably. of course motorcycle rebuild and prep is not included in this estimate.
              www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Lonnies estimate is accurate based on my past costs.

Joe

Comment

• Thanks Lonnie and Joe, I will pass the word. Those numbers sound better to me and for a once in a life time event, much more do able. Now, I can save and dream about the next pre 16 Cannonbal :-) I plan on ridding out and catching the end of this one too, as I did the first one.

Comment

Working...
                  X