New Site Just For Harley History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Just For Harley History

I am working on launching a new web site exclusively about classic Harleys and all aspects of Harley history. Not sure how popular it might become with most people but could be great for Harley history geeks like me.

The site is at www.classic-harley.info and I'd appreciate any and all help is researching and loading photos, info and more.

I have been working on it for less than a week so there is plenty more to come.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Just upload Herb Wagner's book and ya have the first ten years of H-D history.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Buzz, don’t ever grow tired of promoting yourself.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
        Buzz, don’t ever grow tired of promoting yourself.
        Not sure how to take that.

Actually, I thought I was promoting Harley history with this idea. Too much bad info out there and I thought this might help.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
          Not sure how to take that.

Actually, I thought I was promoting Harley history with this idea. Too much bad info out there and I thought this might help.
          How altruistic.

If your interest in History is sincere, I suggest you start with the US Constitution, specifically the First Amendment, and then apply it to your forum.
          (Or take "American" out of its title!)

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotton,
            I'm not sure what your referring to, so I looked it up.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't understand what is wrong with using "American" in the title? Please explain, I try to be respectful.
            Thanks, Bob
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobdo View Post
              Cotton,
              I'm not sure what your referring to, so I looked it up.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't understand what is wrong with using "American" in the title? Please explain, I try to be respectful.
              Thanks, Bob
              Cotten had his posts on Buzz's web site "Edited" by a moderator.
              Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                What was edited ? By who ? And when ?
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                  And Buzz's response to my protest, inspite of inviting me personally to join, and inspite of oweing his entire publishing empire to the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment, was to blithely reply: "I don't want to hear about freedom of speech".

Two centuries of valiant defenders of American freedom rolled in their graves.

By the way Buzz, I'm still waiting for the Indian Illustrated that I subscribed to...

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776

Comment

If you copy from one author it is called plagiarizing. if you copy from many it is called research.
                    Be sure to visit;

Comment

you have all the freedom of speech you want. just not on someone else's soap box
                      rob ronky #10507
                      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Let me make it clear that I wasn't using obscenities or pushing a political agenda.

I was answering tech posts, as I had been invited to do.
                        The "moderator" didn't like my pedantic style, and began harrassing my posts with class-clown replies like "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".
                        When I failed to react to his bad manners, he proceeded to re-write my posts, changing their message to suit himself, and signed them.
                        The forum owner must have thought cyber-fascism was cute. Speech is not free if words are put in your mouth.

I picked up my toys and left: There are fine web communities based outside of the USA that are far more "American" than what Buzz provides!

....Cotten
                        PS: Buzz then went on to print erroneous information about my floats in his hardcopy publication, putting me into damage-control mode.
                        Sometimes you cannot get away from a 'rolling cannon".
                        Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-02-2011, 07:44 AM.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

That's unfortunate Tom. There are some folks on that forum that aren't AMCA members (shame on them) that will be missing out on your knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
                            That's unfortunate Tom. There are some folks on that forum that aren't AMCA members (shame on them) that will be missing out on your knowledge.
                            You can say that again!! Cotten never hesitates in sharing his knowledge and it's been a HUGE help in my old motorcycle world!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Chris for making it clear. I didn't realize there were hard feelings.
                              Sorry I butted in.
                              Sounds like an interesting idea Buzz, good luck with that.
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X