No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try this site , wonderful old photo's of the Lewis motorcycle works in Australia , Gives great insight to the workings of a pioneer manufacturer , great pics and story , Ken

Vivian Lewis Limited: Cars and motorycles from the Lewis Cycle and Motor Works, Adelaide, South Australia

http://users.senet.com.au/~mitchell/lewis/index.htm

Comment

• Here's a photo of my buddy Frank the California Mountain Man. He tells me this was around 1941. Funny thing, he's 88 years old and still kicks starts his 45EL to ride with my buddy on his 31V and I on my 42FL. This guy is my hero....
      Attached Files

Comment

• This is a photo of my grampa Elmer Moore in 1958. This was his friends Harley that he let the man sit on for this photo. Gramps wanted his own scooter but Grams said NOPE...I purchased 4 Harleys so far, in his honor....
        Attached Files

Comment

• Right on special ed, 88 and still kicking his own ride - he would be a great guy to hang with, your lucky man, sorry there are not more of em around. Hats off to him, part of that greatest generation no doubt. I know a couple like em but not enough for sure.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• I have always liked the contrast. Old vs older. The man on the cycle is my dad and the man on the honey wagon is my grandpa.

Dick Werner

Comment

• Well I'll try it again.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Dick,
                  Is that a late thirties or early forties Indian your Pop is on? It's a good photo...

NOTE TO ALL: Please keep the old photo's coming. My buddy is looking for old picks of a 31 V model Harley, needless to say that's his baby. I posted a photo of the 42FL I purchased a few months ago. It's noted on the PARKING LOT TALK forum under NEED TO FIND HISTORY ON A 42, or somthing of that sort....Yes the tanks are bigger than stock and many of the parts are aftermarket....I still LOVE that old bike and I ride the hell out of it.

Comment

• Hi Ed, to tell the truth I really don't know. I was hoping someone
                    would tell me.

Comment

• It looks like an Indian Chief on the tank but I'm prepped to get schooled from all the Indian owners out there. It's still an awesome photo. I'm going to head in my FINDING HISTORY FOR A 42 KNUCKLEHEAD thread and post a couple of photos.

Comment

• pem , I think the Chief is 1939 ,
                        I enclose a couple of pics (one at a time) from my previous post of the Lewis Cycle Works of Adelaid Australia , hope you enjoy , Ken
                        Attached Files

Comment

• another one from '06 showing cars as well as cycles
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SPECIAL ED
                            Dick,
                            Is that a late thirties or early forties Indian your Pop is on? It's a good photo...
                            Originally posted by pem
                            Hi Ed, to tell the truth I really don't know. I was hoping someone
                            would tell me.
                            The Indian is pre-38 since the horn is below the headlight and the speedo isn't enclosed by a dash. Hard to tell if there is a shifter mounted under the front of the tank. If so it's a 37 if not it's 36 or 35 (35 was the first year for that style fender). Looks like an ex-cop bike given the cut out in the rear fender for a siren ... Perry

Comment

• Hey Ken, note that sign hanging in the ceiling that states"CARS STORED AT OWNERS RISK". They must have had that theft issue like the South Side of Phoenix Arizona. Thanks for the photos from "Across the Pond".

Comment

• Here's a good one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X