• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Earl;97317]
    Originally posted by D.Mac View Post

Hi Doug,
    I see an eight bolt motor.
    Draw an imaginary line down the center of the cylinder, and I believe I count 4 bolts on one side. Too bad the rider is covering up so much detail.
    Nice picture though !!
    Earl,
    I think someone added two bolts since the other day!
    Doug.
    Doug McLaughlin #6607
    NorCal, USA

Comment

• gotta keep this thread goin, i depend on it for my screen saver pics....here's another one from HD Museum web site.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Motor club picture

Glad you folks enjoyed that picture of the CFA motorclub and that my thoughts on the far left bike was true.
        I wonder too why one of the Excelsior guys drive with no exhaust or silencer? To me the old Harley seems to be well maintained and in a fairly god condition its age taken in consideration compared to the other guys machines.

Anyone got an idea what this is;

If anyone have an interest I try to keep on posting "new" images of yesterdaze US made motorcycles used in the early years of the Scandinavian motorcycle scene on my blogspot page as often as time allow..

Sverre
        AMcN
        Http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
        And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
        This is a great theory.
        If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Touring in the early thirties

OK, not US made motorbike and neither not a very early shot.
          This is an early thirties photo of a female driver obviously on hollydays as the bike is fully packed even with a sleeping bag attached to the front fork.
          Engine looks as if an NSU Consul, but I dont find the chassis to match??
          Many cool details in this image, she drives her bike long distance with no silencers, bike is equipped with spot light (drives at night?) and both electrical and manual horn to be sure to get folks out of the road.

Sverre
          AMcN
          And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
          This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• All season Moto Reve

This Moto Reve owner use his trusty litle twin both summer and winter.

Summer;

Winter;

Sverre
            AMcN
            This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Great photo , may I add Sverre that she probably rides on the left as her mirror is on the right of the bike so perhaps she's from Sweden or another northern country that drives on the left at that time !??? nice looking too !!!!
              Ken

Comment

• Right side mirror

Hi Ken, you are right regarding left hand side driving (you should be an expert ha, ha). The capture is from Sweden wich had left hand side driving up to 1967. As far as I remember they had no speed limits neither on their roads outside town limit prior to 1967, the last I find pretty interresting having recently been fined twice for overspeeding (yes it is possible even if you drive a 70 years old motorcycle).

Here is another motorcycle girl, pretty nice one too;

Sverre
                AMcN
                This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• History Saved

Outstanding! Sverre, Thanks for sharing these historic photo’s. I don’t know where you find them but please keep them coming.
                  ------------
                  Steve
                  AMCA #7300

Comment

• More Pictures

I agree with Steve, great pictures Sverre, keep them coming!
                    Mike

Comment

• Ellehammer

This is one of the oldes known motorcycle pics here in Norway. This is an Danish Elehammer motorcycle.

Pic is taken in Lappland and both the locals seen at the roadside wear clothes made by reindeer fur only, shoes, coat, head wear, gloves, everything. Cool detail.

Sverre
                      AMcN
                      This is a great theory.

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Reindeer underwear! is that as itchy as cariboo?

Comment

• www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Congratulations Lonnie for starting this fine site, it has surpassed 100,000 views and is without a doubt the best site in the entire forum. Thanks also to all who have participated in posting these fantastic photos.
                            Joe

Comment

• Awesome pic Lonnie!!!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                                Congratulations Lonnie for starting this fine site, it has surpassed 100,000 views and is without a doubt the best site in the entire forum. Thanks also to all who have participated in posting these fantastic photos.
                                Joe
                                i'll second that Slojo....when i look at some of these images i think wow the young person in this pic has probably long since passed and God only knows what happened to the machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X