old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddball

I wonder what this Zenith would be like driving fast around a sharp corner?

Anyone know if there are anyone still around?

Sverre
    AMcN
    http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
    And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
    This is a great theory.
    If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• Safety first!

Not what one would call "child safe" by todays therms;

Sverre
      AMcN
      http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
      And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
      This is a great theory.
      If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

• I believe this is a Model 7A. Courtesy of eBay.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

• Comment

• I bet the angle of the seat on that gorgeous X put that miserable face on him , love the old phot's though especially that lovely Marsh(?) outfit with the sweet childs seat in front , that's great , want one , Ken
            Last edited by Ken Lee; 02-16-2010, 06:59 PM.
            Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Lee View Post
              I bet the angle of the seat on that gorgeous X put that miserable face on him , love the old phot's though especially that lovely Marsh(?) outfit with the sweet childs seat in front , that's great , want one , Ken
              Which brings up a question I raised before with no reply: Who does wicker?

(And please, no useless answers like most I received from my cast iron toy question.)

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• there is a Mennonite community near me where i can get it done. if you can send me pictures and approximate measurements of what you want i can get you a price probably. they make furniture, baby carriages, rocking chairs etc. out of wicker

Comment

• Flat-Happy!

I appreciate the reply!
                  But I need conservation of some Heywood Bros. wicker, not a full construction.

It seemed like there was a chance that someone in the AMCA might have found a niche doing wicker repairs, considering the other esoteric niches. You might see if any of your locals would be interested in filling it.

I 'spose they won't have an email address.

There is an established Mennonite population in my own area, but wicker-work isn't a local industry. Not a visible one, anyway.
                  As an attempt to stay on topic of old photos,
                  Attached is (I believe) a Mennonite family (Kearsellus ? spelling unclear) that settled near Metamora, Illinois, date unknown. Prairie life was hard.

....Cotten
                  Attached Files
                  AMCA #776

Comment

• cotten----tell me exactly what you need and i think i can get it done. that's what i like to do best is the impossible. i know one of the families restores antique furniture including caning. you know who alan jackson is? he had an all white road king once and for some odd reason he thought he wanted the side covers chrome plated---yeah the fiberglass ones. i looked in hemmings and found a company in calif that replated plastic dash parts and they said sure we'll plate em----they looked like metal after that. don't know where that bike went after the sale----git er done

Comment

• Wicker repair

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                      Which brings up a question I raised before with no reply: Who does wicker?

(And please, no useless answers like most I received from my cast iron toy question.)

....Cotten
                      Cotton,
                      I remember your post, but I didn't realize you were serious. There is a lady in my locale that has a wicker repair/restoration buisness, there is enough call for it to keep her busy, and she is apparently able to salvage and restore most anything wicker. As you can see, I'm across the country from you, but I can e-mail you her info if you want to contact her.
                      Doug.
                      Doug McLaughlin #6607
                      NorCal, USA

Comment

• Doug!
                        I cannot figure out how to send you a personal message (the mouse cursor doesn't do anything special), so please post me direct at liberty@NPOINT.NET

We should all expect such skills to be far and few between.
                        I tried to weave a basket once't, but...

Thanks!

...Cotten
                        PS: I never expect to be taken seriously: The sky would fall, and the end of the World would be certain.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

• Cotten, when I put my mouse cursor over your underlined name, like at the head of a post you've made, and I push the left button, a drop down menu appears under it. One of the four choices is "Send a Private Message to T. Cotten."
                          Hope this helps.
                          Gerry Lyons #607
                          http://www.37ul.com/
                          http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

• Wicker repair

[QUOTE=T. Cotten;91512]Doug!
                            I cannot figure out how to send you a personal message (the mouse cursor doesn't do anything special).
                            Cotton,
                            You don't have to curse the mouse, I e-mailed the wicker lady's info to you, and she prefers phone calls!
                            Good luck, Doug.
                            Doug McLaughlin #6607
                            NorCal, USA

Comment

• Uncle Ben

Ben Marks from Elm Grove Wisconsin (my Aunt's Uncle), the date of the photo and the identity of the other guys in the picture are unknown.

mike
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by schmittm; 02-20-2010, 10:56 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

• more old ones
                                http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/misc.htm
                                rob ronky #10507
                                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                                X