No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sverre....... I think that fella was only going for a short run...... otherwise frostbite may have been imminent!

Hey Steve...... uncle Jim is striking a cool pose.......

That pic of the mosquito rig is awesome Scott! I can make out all the writing except for the bottom line. Do you know where the Des Planes Valley is?

I found this link to a bunch of police pics..... http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...N%26start%3D21 on the left you can click on any state and pics come up.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

• Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      Chris...... don't let the California bashing get you down. I'd spend my winters there if I could. I'd just have to avoid the fruits and nuts I guess....
      Cory you have know idea what good fortune you have stepped into to day. Why just hours ago the Terminator signed Harvey Milk day into law. You know! A Twinkie a day! Now ya can visit the Fruits, Nuts and do it all on Harvey’s birthday. The last thing I would want to do is insult the any of the gay membership here so I thought I’d pass this great news along. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• Good one Bob... It's nice to see you keep up on the important news... Maybe I'll just stay up north to be on the safe side....
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

• this 1939 Chief has World's Fair paint and a Crocker steering damper. too bad they don't make motorcycle jackets like that anymore.

Comment

• Ya gotta love them leaf spring Chiefs! There's snow on the ground here and it's got me thinking of this kind of stuff....

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• WHAT"S THE BIKE? A MINNEAPOLIS? kinda looks like a Spake engine.

Comment

• should have been "spacke"
                here is a rare one made in Philadelphia

Comment

• ELLIASON MOTOR TOBOGGAN ON TEST AT CANADIAN FORCES BASE PETAWAWA 1941

Comment

• Awesome pics!!! That Bradley is a neat machine. Here's a great little clip on that make...
                    http://www.antiquearcheology.com/bradlyvideo.htm

Have you ever seen one of those Eliason tobaggons run?

I can't quite make out what it says on the tank of the "snow" bike. It could be a Minneapolis or a Michaelson. I believe Thiem and Thor supplied their early motors and they went on to the motor building themselves later. It kind of looks like a Thor unit to me.
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• Barry Love the picture of the Elliason toboggan. Looks like the guy in the back ground got caught whizzin'. Jerry

Comment

• there is supposed to be one of those toboggans in this area but I haven't seen it yet. there were quite a few home made jobs with Harley j era motors and a friend in New York found one running a TWO CAM MOTOR!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                          there is supposed to be one of those toboggans in this area but I haven't seen it yet. there were quite a few home made jobs with Harley j era motors and a friend in New York found one running a TWO CAM MOTOR!!
                          Cool........ A two cammer might tear through the snow quite nicely. I'd love to take one of those toboggans out for a spin!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• Barry

Ten years ago I bought the burned up remains of some kind of an Indian powered toboggan from Jim Miles in Inverness, Quebec. The motor and tranny were 640 Scout. This was shortly after his house burned and before he passed away. Sure looked like it was a commercially manufactured item although it did not really look like what is in your picture.

I sold it to a guy in our local antique motorcycle club.

Jerry
                            Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 10-12-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• It probably was an Elliason powertobaggan and they used scout engines. Dale Walksler has a restored one and I believe I remember seeing one in the Springfield museum in the early 90's.. I have the engine and trans off one. I was told they made 60. They are stamped FWD ( for four wheel drive). Lots of info out there on this model. My serial number is FWD52
                              Ross

Comment

• This has been posted before but here's the info on the toboggan........

http://www.eliason-snowmobile.com/ Ross, have you ever considered putting one together?

Here's a toboggan with an obvious non-indian motor...

Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X