No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the canuck invasion,eh!.cory,you should have employed a hosting site years ago,this is some great stuff.ross,you definatly got all the info on the manitoba motorcycle scene , keep em coming.a few months ago ,i saw ross's collection,and was blown away.probably the most complete collection of manitoba motorcycle lisence plates and tags in existence.
    www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jurassic View Post
      the canuck invasion,eh!.cory,you should have employed a hosting site years ago,this is some great stuff.ross,you definatly got all the info on the manitoba motorcycle scene , keep em coming.a few months ago ,i saw ross's collection,and was blown away.probably the most complete collection of manitoba motorcycle lisence plates and tags in existence.
      No kidding Lonnie........slow to catch on I guess....... The big pics are definitely nicer to work with.........and it's pretty cool your pitching in here Ross. Manitoba has a great motorcycle history............ here's some pics from around your area..........

One Henri Billard from St. Claude

Why the Winnipeg Police picked Indian........

Winnipeg Auto Club

Early pic from the Vita area

Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

• CHECK OUT THIS GREAT ILLUSTRATION! MERKELS WERE ALSO SOLD IN WINNIPEG.

Comment

• Thanks for the cudos Lonnie.I have to tell you that anyone who visits us up here in the frozen north and brings their own beer not only becomes a member of the family, but is also in the will. I'm going to dig out a group motorcycle run shot from 1911 when I can find it. And Barry you're so right, my 1911 registration records show oodles of merkles listed, and only one has surfaced in the last 30 years.
          Ross

Comment

• Comment

• HENDERSON SOMEWHERE IN QUEBEC

Comment

• That's a sweet Henderson pic............

Today I figured I'd post a few pics from Ontario............

Here's one Seargent Dillamore freshly back from France......

Here he is again..... Is this a common riding style in your neck of the woods Barry??

Humber River Valley

C. McDonnel fresh from a Toronto motorsickle race....

Another one from the Humber River Valley....

5 mile race....... location unknown.....

Hillclimb......

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

• Fantastic photos Cory. Excelsiors sure were popular in Canada. Do you think the City of Winnipeg is still giving away motorcycles ?
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post
                    Fantastic photos Cory. Excelsiors sure were popular in Canada. Do you think the City of Winnipeg is still giving away motorcycles ?
                    I highly doubt that Eric..... maybe we should ask Ross....ya never know...har..har..

Lonnie already posted this, but it's sure a cool photo.........

Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• Believe me when I tell you I can't believe the city of Winnipeg giving away those bikes. Barry that is a great article and impressive hockey connection. WOW. The photo shows the Manitoba Motorcyle club September 1911 at their reliability run outside the Free Press building in downtown Winnipeg. Note the first Indian in the picture with the small oval 1911 motorcycle plate and in the previous Joe Baribeau picture his plate was hanging from the rear carrier, ( that's for the MC license plate collectors out there). Here's a QUESTION that has plagued me for decades. I am a life member of the Manitoba Motorcycle Club (1970's), and it's still going today after 98 years. Even Dale Walksler fashioned his original t shirt logo after a MMC club sweater he had in his Wheels thru Time museum. My question and perhaps it should be another thread so I apologize. What is the oldest , continuous motorcycle club in Canada? the USA ? the world? Is it possibly the Manitoba Motorcycle Club from Winnipeg from 1911 ????
                      Ross

Comment

• The San Francisco Motorcycle club started up in 1904 but was beat to the mark by the Yonkers MC from New York in 1903. A new thread on this subject could be interesting. I've got just the picture to start it out........

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

• Whaddya think they're up to?

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

• looks like they will need a ladder to get up with all three on there it will be cozy

Moose
                            aka Glenn

Comment

• ROSS, HERE IS THE CONNECTION TO THE FREE EXCELSIORS. KINDA NEAT THAT DICK IRVIN LATER ON BECAME THE FIRST CHICAGO BLACK HAWKS CAPTAIN AS EXCELSIORS WERE MADE THERE. HE ALSO BECAME THEIR COACH. Unfortunately in his son's book nothing was mentioned of the various player's abilities on two wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by pem View Post
                                I have really enjoyed everybody posting their one of a kind historic photos. Thank you to you all. What a great thread. Here is a photo that I hope our Canadian friends will recognize. It was post marked Oct. 20, 1912. Prince Albert Park. I have tried to google some information with no luck. Does anybody know what city this was lcoated in? The person who sent the postcard was Julius to a Mr. Earnest Stafnaw in North Freedom, Wi.
                                He was writing to Earnest to save him some squirrels and to tell him he went duck hunting.

Dick
                                Well... after consulting with Tom it appears that this postcard picture came from a track in South Eastern Ontario. Dick you in fact have unknowingly spurred me on to find out more about the race tracks north of the 49th!

Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X