No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's beautiful! I'd like to hear how it sounds as compared to the 2 stroke dirt bikes of the 70's...
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• These Excelsiors are a near EXACT copy of a Triumph jr. Were they made under license from Triumph? Anyone know?
      I have most if not all of a circa 1915 Triumph jr in parts and have often wondered about parts interchangeability.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

• From Corvallis, Oregon

From Corvallis, Oregon ~ 1913 Harley:
        POST_on_Motorcycle_site.jpg
        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

• Originally posted by MMasa View Post
          These Excelsiors are a near EXACT copy of a Triumph jr. Were they made under license from Triumph? Anyone know?
          I have most if not all of a circa 1915 Triumph jr in parts and have often wondered about parts interchangeability.
          Mark
          I have not seen any evidence that they were. The Cleveland engine was also similar to the Triumph, though rotated 90 degrees and several other manufactures had motors similar to the Triumph.

Bob Turek

Comment

• I really like this thread but I am curious what happened to the pics from the beginning in 2007.I went to look at some of the earlier postings and they are gone.Do they self delete after a certain time yet the text stays?Are they already lost?(to me at least)
            Tom

Comment

• Tom!

Anything externally hosted, such as Photobucket, etc., is on a short fuse.

I need to know how to delete my duplicated entries when I "manage attachments" directly on this site.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• There is nothing wrong with Photobucket; to the contrary, I think it presents the best picture for this site. The problem is people deleting their own PB libraries, or getting paranoid about what they have out there on the internet. Also, 5 or 6 years ago this AMCA forum lost a staggering number of participants who have never come back. I have to believe they severed all ties with this forum, including pictures.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

• Think about it Eric!

If its deleted from an external source, its gone forever.

I cannot even delete my directly uploaded duplicates to this site.

Do we want to read old posts, or find them empty?

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776

Comment

• Photos from my computer work fine on here, just not large til clicked. PBucket changed their rules too many times for me and lost some in the process. If you use PBucket, be sure to save your files elsewhere as well.
                    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                      If its deleted from an external source, its gone forever.
                      ...which is why one should also keep copies on their home computer, and do regular backups of your hard drive, and floss regularly, too

Hey, this AMCA site could go dark sometime or suffer a server failure without backups....and lose your pictures forever, too!
                      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

• Hi Eric, given that they started building Series 19 X in late 1917, then this could well be 1917

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
                        Ha, Eric! I said to myself if someone notices those pictures then I'll put up a few more!

Comment

• great photos thank you

Comment

• Our boys in France circa 1918 with an Indian? Found this pic in an old French book of vehicle photographs.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• This one I can't even guess at. French maybe.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
                                ...which is why one should also keep copies on their home computer, and do regular backups of your hard drive, and floss regularly, too

Hey, this AMCA site could go dark sometime or suffer a server failure without backups....and lose your pictures forever, too!
                                Absolutely, Harry!

I have about eleven thousand edited and cropped vintage pics (a coupla gigs) on duplicated thumbdrives.
                                "Snagging" is fun.

(My tech photo library is only a gig.)

I like fixing damaged old pics, especially of women.

....Cotten
                                AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                                X