No announcement yet.

old photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think the bike in the back ground got a little curb appeal. the fork looks pushed back a bit
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

• I bet the bike in the back is not even rideable. Looks like the fender is so far into the frame that you wouldn't be able to turn the fork. Those are pretty neat forks with sprung suspension.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• While searching for some info this popped up... http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-u...os-hist-images

Just looking at that Singer photo again.... I've been searching for info but it's been futile so far. That's a cool image Jurassic.... hopefully something will surface...
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

• Some cool photo's in there, a few I have not seen - thanks Cory.

Comment

• I figured you'd like 'em Tom!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

• Very nice Jurassic - thanks for posting!

Yes, gotta wonder about the bike in the back. Would like to see the full photo. Women on motorcycles is an interest of mine. Very curious about all the gear they had to wear. That photo looks like it would be good even just to show two women in period garb for riding. Want to think that the bike was rideable, but probably not. At minimum that fender was rubbing against the down tube. But if you were simply running straight lines through road ruts just to get to the general store it might not have been an issue? I'm sure they weren't hanging into turns much back then.
              Last edited by rbenash; 05-22-2013, 06:48 AM.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

• I never get tired of hearing/reading about Burt Monroe. And it was good to see that cutaway motor actually in motion. Thanks Cory.
                Ray
                AMCA #7140

Comment

• Here's the whole photo
                  Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                  I found this photo many years ago, and still have not been able to find out any information on this bike or the company that may have built it. Is it a rebadged bike? Does it have any relation to the sewing machine company? In what city was is manufactured?
                  www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

• Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

• Great picture Cory. The Wagner looks so much like a H-D from that vintage, but the extended front fender just ruins the whole look.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

• That wasn't a fair statement. It just ruins the front of the Wagner. Otherwise, the Wagner was a beautiful motorcycle.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

• It might ruin the appearance, but made good sense at the time. What people might consider as aesthetically pleasing in 2013 was definitely not a concern to the designers.
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

• Very cool, I really like the one on the left - I think an Emblem :-)

Comment

• You nailed it Tom! Anyone decipher the writing on the tank?

I hear you on that fender Eric. It does seem a little lengthy don't it? I'm sure it may have made sense at the time but I could just imagine running that machine on a muddy road comprised of primarily clay. I'm thinkin' that could have been a real pain.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

• As for the Singer beauties - Regarding the bike in the back. Is it just me or do those forks look bent, which is the reason for the fender running so close to the front of the cradle loop?
                                Ray
                                AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
                                X