Comment

• 9.jpeg
      8 Cedarburg maybe.jpeg

Comment

• tumblr_o85ejhJ8PR1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by badger34
          Thanks again for sharing all of the great Wisconsin photos Dick! I like the above photo with the couple in their West Allis MC shirts. A couple of years ago I discovered that a very good family friend was a member of the West Allis MC. The following photo dates from 1943 and Harold Wikel pictured on the left was great friends with my grandfather. Harry Sr as we knew him and his son Harry Jr later owned & operated Beaver Dam Raceway.
          Your entirely welcome. I've spent a lot of time collecting them. The West Allis photo was taken at the mile dirt track at the Wis. State Fair Park in West Allis. And ain't this a small world. I've been to the Beaver Dam racetrack quite a few times. I used to pit for a guy and we'd race every Tuesday night. Wednesday night at Cedarburg, Saturday night at Hales Corner and Sunday night at Slinger. And after every race we'd stop at a tavern. My poor liver!

11.jpeg 10.jpeg

Comment

• tumblr_o85eheBvUp1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 12.jpeg

Comment

• Sun Prairie had midget racing at night in those days, I wonder if it was the same track? I was 8 or 9 at that time & my brother took me to watch the midgets.
                Last edited by frichie68; 08-29-2023, 08:01 AM.
                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

• tumblr_o82zwoOniO1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 14.jpeg
                    15.jpeg
                    T-shirts and no gloves! Definitely not Sun Prairie. .I helped my buddy race midgets there a couple times back in the 80's. He had his steering wheel come off three times because he forgot to put in the safety clip to hold it on. 2 helicopter rides later he hung it up. One night his trailer and race car passed him going down the freeway. We're good friends to this day. Another day at Mid Ohio MC spectator lap of the track he took his new Triumph on the track and made three corners before he broke his collar bone. Girlfriend told him don't bother coming home if you can't wipe your ass. lol Epic!
                    Last edited by pem; 08-29-2023, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• tumblr_o78xdwqbOy1sgr76qo1_1280.jpg
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 16.jpeg

Comment

• 17.jpeg

Comment

• tumblr_o77imndYrI1sh016ho1_1280.jpg tumblr_o77imfXs5k1sh016ho1_1280.jpg tumblr_o77im9qMOV1sh016ho1_400.jpg
                            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• 18.jpeg

Comment

• 21.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X