Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $_5738W39S8L.jpg What town is this? The road signs say interstate 80 and 89 and route 64, is that correct?
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
      Vintage Pic of the Day - March 8, 2021

Still time for some down right cold rides in this world. This fella has some robust looking bits there.

What are we looking at here with this fine looking Indian?

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 7.50.38 AM copy.jpg
      The bike looks like a non-electric 1916 Model G Indian. It was the affordable twin with rigid frame, and this one had racing handlebars, and luggage rack, so the rider could have been a penny pinching, practical, street racer.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
        $_5738W39S8L.jpg What town is this? The road signs say interstate 80 and 89 and route 64, is that correct?
        Bob I suspect this picture predates the Interstate system. The I system was founded by President Eisenhower in I think 1953. I did a rudimentary search and di not find anything but maybe I will look more tonight.

Comment

• Jerry, I didn't think of when the interstate system started, just looked at the style of sign. Thanks, makes sense.

Badger, thanks for taking the time. I see those street corners on the modern Tucson city map. Possibly those roads referred to on the signs turned into 86 and 19 or 10 later on?
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• fyhpih.jpg
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• The folklore I heard, Folks,...

Was that Eisenhower's Interstate system led to the MOCO introducing their FLH models.

Does this "Interstate" look familiar?

zpssh.jpg

....Cotten
              PS: Its the Interstate in pic #622
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-10-2021, 09:03 AM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post

The bike looks like a non-electric 1916 Model G Indian. It was the affordable twin with rigid frame, and this one had racing handlebars, and luggage rack, so the rider could have been a penny pinching, practical, street racer.
                Thanks Eric for the comment.

Mike Love

Comment

• $_5744 (2).jpg
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by exeric View Post

That looks like a Hedstrom engine so that would put it at no later than 1915.
                    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Wilcock View Post

Tom
                      Ah interesting thanks Tom.

Mike Love

Comment

• Vintage Pic of the Day - March 10, 2021

Sometimes I find I need to get creative to find the vintage pics. Today I used a web based random number generator and set it for numbers 1 - 50 with the intent that I would look for an old motorcycle photo from what ever number came up. Today's number was 30 so I looked for old motorcycle photos from the 30th state. Well here you go, a rider from Wisconsin having his breakfast next to his trusty and reliable Sportster. The rider on the Bavarian Motor Works bike looks like he's from Columbus. So maybe we have a Mid-west gathering pictured.

Mike Love

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 8.55.57 AM copy.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Wilcock View Post

Tom
                          You are correct, Tom.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

• Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                            ...Well here you go, a rider from Wisconsin having his breakfast next to his trusty and reliable Sportster....]
                            I didn't think anyone was that grubby in 1965, Mike!

Back to prim and correct...

Johnny Sombrero's gal2.jpg

....Cotten
                            Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-10-2021, 04:47 PM.
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

• tumblr_nri23iUSCl1sh016ho1_1280.jpg
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                                That Indian with the disc covers on the wheels looks to have UK plates, and the KN series ran August 1917 through July 1920.
                                That was one thought I had about it being from the UK Steve

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                                X