No announcement yet.

Perkiomen Chapter National Meet at Oley 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been going to Oley for many years; and you can always expect interesting weather. But it is a Great show; and will continue to attend as long as I can.

I started vending there a few years ago; and everything is just great also. This year as well as last year, we did very well. People come to Oley for many reasons; and I can say that, the buyers are always there.

We had a very nice time and sold some older stuff; nothing wrong with that.

bjind

Comment

I also have been going to Oley for many many years and the weather usually is a challenge. I've been there with freezing temperatures, high winds, rain and just raw bone chilling dampness. I also been there with great weather and unseasonably high temps. What ever the weather Gods have in store for Oley, it won't matter as I will always attend!
      Craig (Delaware)
      Delaware Bay Chapter
      Perkiomen Chapter
      AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Originally posted by bstevens479 View Post
        I was there Thursday, Friday & left Saturday at 5PM, I thought it was a great show & every vendor I talked to said sales were great, found no one unhappy, even with the rain
        Too bad everyone's cameras were broken.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          Too bad everyone's cameras were broken.
          You're right Eric! I seem never to think about taking pictures while I am there.
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

I know my comment was a bit snarky and I apologize for that. I don't get to many National AMCA meets these days, but when I do, I take pictures so our members that can't go can see what the venue looks like, and what kind of bikes show up.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

It would be nice if the Club could somehow encourage better coverage and pics of the meets for online to supplement whats in the magazine.
              Maybe cash prize for the best submitted photos,interviews ,winner circle and other notable machines and people in attendance ,documenting the meet , presented by any historians ,photo journalists or just members that attend to to be reviewed ,recognized and added to the clubs preserved history.
              Just a thought,
              Tom

Comment

I enjoyed the Oley meet for the first time this year and saw lots of great stuff and found some items that I was looking for also. Many thanks to all who have a part in putting this meet on as you all did a fabulous job. I took a lot of pictures with an I Phone and would be happy to share them but I'm not very proficient on the computer and really have no idea how to go about getting them from there to here. I'm an amateur at the I Phone also, only being able to take pics and look up some websites at this point. If someone were to give me VERY SPECIFIC, STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on how to get the pics up on here, I'd be happy to. Thanks in advance.......Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
                  I enjoyed the Oley meet for the first time this year and saw lots of great stuff and found some items that I was looking for also. Many thanks to all who have a part in putting this meet on as you all did a fabulous job. I took a lot of pictures with an I Phone and would be happy to share them but I'm not very proficient on the computer and really have no idea how to go about getting them from there to here. I'm an amateur at the I Phone also, only being able to take pics and look up some websites at this point. If someone were to give me VERY SPECIFIC, STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on how to get the pics up on here, I'd be happy to. Thanks in advance.......Smitty
                  Not too difficult Smitty. But, too difficult to write out the directions. Here's some YouTube video's that explain. If your computer is Apple, you might just have to search YouTube for the correct operating system. It's easy, don't let those chips intimidate You!!! haha. Plus, You will make Eric a Happy Camper!!!

https://youtu.be/hmJ00LKcQL8
                  https://youtu.be/IzOYrsh18uk

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I did not take many pictures but these are my 3 favorites in order. The 1919 Militor, 1913 Indian, and Henderson powered Spanish built Patria.
                    Attached Files

Comment

one last picture
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                        I know my comment was a bit snarky and I apologize for that. I don't get to many National AMCA meets these days, but when I do, I take pictures so our members that can't go can see what the venue looks like, and what kind of bikes show up.
                        Eric, I didn't think your message was a bit snarky. Years past (before phone cameras) I used to take lots of pictures. With the ease of these modern phones, I do not know why I don't take more pictures.
                        Craig (Delaware)
                        Delaware Bay Chapter
                        Perkiomen Chapter
                        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures, Tom. The picture posting feature here at our forum isn't bad and it's probably easier than a photo hosting site like Photoshack.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

where is this picture posting feature?

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
                              where is this picture posting feature?
                              Hey Smitty, when You start a new Thread, on the top where the functions like...'size-Font-ect. are, the 3rd from the right is...'Insert Image'. Click on it, hit Computer, and then hit 'Choose File'. This will access your files on your computer. Go to your Pictures or Photos. Click a photo you want to upload to the Forum, and then hit 'Choose'. After that, hit 'Upload file'. Wala. Depending on the size of your photos, you might have to post on a few new Threads to get em' all in. This system only allows 1. picture to upload to the forum site, so you'll have to start the procedure all over each time for the amount of pics you want to post. Good Luck.

*M.A.D.*
                              Last edited by JoJo357; 05-03-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

HDSMitty -

First reply to a thread as a comment or start a new thread. In the text box write out your text and the figure out where you want your image to appear. Place your cursor where you want the image and when uploaded that's where it will appear. I create the lines of space and put my cursor on the second line leave one line of space above your image and one below. Do this for each image. On the menu line that gives you choices for formatting your comment - go to the last box on the right, there are six items in the box. The fourth item from the left inside the box looks like a frame picture this is your image insert button and if you hover over it briefly with your pointer it will say "Insert Image". Click on this insert image button. You will get a task box like in the image below.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.38.22 PM.jpg

Click on the "from Computer" text and this will allow you to upload photos from your computer. Move your cursor directly below the from Computer text and click on the "Close File" text, this will take you to the most likely file on your computer where you keep your images. Click on the file of the photo image you want to upload. Click on the choose button and this will get your file ready to upload and then revert back to the original box in the first image above.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.38.22 PM.jpg

Now go to the text that says "Upload File" then click and this will upload and insert your file in the text. Your uploaded file just appears as computer code that is in brackets until you hit the post quick replay at the bottom right of the comment box.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.52.57 PM.jpg

We have a forum that allows you to post practice images or practice making a post. Look on the main menu. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike Love
                                AMCA Forum
                                Last edited by ihrescue; 05-05-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X