No announcement yet.

Perkiomen Chapter National Meet at Oley 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always like Oley and have been attending since the 80's. Like most great events, there is always growing pains.

Just hope there is not much rain before the meet since that parking lot can became very tricky in the slick grass and mud.
    Craig (Delaware)
    Delaware Bay Chapter
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Wanted

willing to buy space at oley to swap
      Still searching for that 45.....

Comment

I'll be bringing a few copies of the VL Years book series to Oley Stand 28 for those who like to save postage, but weighing in at ten pounds a set and with a 50 pound baggage allowance you'll need to form an orderly line.

Comment

Has anyone ever attended the meet on Thursday? It looks like lots of rain on Friday so I might try going on Thursday.
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Yes every year, wish I could make it on Wednesday

Comment

I usually go thursday and its pretty well under way before noon.Its only 1 1/2 hour drive for me so
              Ill be there today to see some early activity .Looks to be a beautiful day.
              Tom

Comment

I got here today (Wednesday) around 4:00 so I didn't have to drive through the night.
                A few people set up. Bought lots of goodies.
                Mark Masa
                www.linkcycles.com

Comment

There was a good turnout yesterday as I feel some people came early due to the weather today!
                  Craig (Delaware)
                  Delaware Bay Chapter
                  Perkiomen Chapter
                  AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Was there on Thursday a lot of venders setup and found a few items on my list. Got a chance and spoke with Steve Slocombe. Picked up a volume of his new book. Would like to see next year it not rain on Friday but gotta take the bad with the good. Really enjoyed seeing the 4 cylinder bikes was a great theme.

Comment

Still time for Oley attendees to post pictures !
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, The place was a total mud pit. Months of rain left the grounds with no where for the water to go. We did good on Thursday but the weather made rest of the stay miserable. Bob L
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate this year. I love that area of the East Coast and always looked forward to Oley, and Jefferson. I really feel bad for the vendors who spend their hard earned money, and time to get to these venues and make their parts available. It's the vendors that are the backbone of AMCA National meets.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

I was there Thursday, Friday & left Saturday at 5PM, I thought it was a great show & every vendor I talked to said sales were great, found no one unhappy, even with the rain

Comment

We go every year and plan to return on 2020. I was there from Thursday through Saturday afternoon and stayed with my buddies at the H.D. Generator Service tent who got there on Wednesday. Wednesday and Thursday's weather was OK but Friday was wet and Saturday was quite windy and cold. But our sales were good and we bought some stuff and most of the other vendors we spoke with reported the same. All-in-all, it was a good meet for us.
                              Bill Pedalino
                              Huntington, New York
                              AMCA 6755

Comment

Yup, Thursday OK then Friday wet and Saturday windy, which didn't help when I was trying to sell books. Thanks everyone for your support and I am left with just two sets of VL Years books in the US. I can do them for $300 a set post paid in the US for anyone who missed me at the show or wants to save the cost of a ten pound box tracked and insured from Europe. Sorry the drag racing at Reading M/C Club was rained off, but I have faked photos of me on a 36VLH Police bike against a hot Sportster at the start line with the flag girl waving us off, which will be in the next European newsletter. Thanks again to Perkiomen Chapter who worked so hard so that the rest of us could have another great Meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X