Springer Rod stabiliser top clamp

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Your first pic doesn't enlarge very well, Laurie,..

    But it smells through the monitor like an enamelled bar-and-shield pin attached to it.

    Like I posted, I suspect it is 'personalized',

    And I always felt that anything that spoke of a previous owner makes it sacred!

    ....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-15-2023, 08:56 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laurie
    replied
    Pete
    I just checked out Mikes Indian Parts and the ones he reproduces are different so they would be the ones the good Dr. mentioned, but they were made by the same Co. as this one The M. Lake Co and this has the Bar & Shield Logo not just HD

    Leave a comment:


  • Laurie
    replied
    Well yes Cotten more confusion, Dr Sprocket i havent picked it up yet but will this weekend, the hole centres as given to me are the same as a big twin, just found another pic of the flip side, is this what you call stepped?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    Cut from the 1929 Spring and Summer Accessory Catalog:

    stabilizers.jpg

    ....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-14-2023, 03:01 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • micmac
    replied
    Michael Breeding has them on his website.

    Leave a comment:


  • T. Cotten
    replied
    More confusion, Laurie!

    lakestabilizer.jpg

    It may have been personalized, but one thing is for sure, it's priceless.

    ....Cotten

    Leave a comment:


  • RichO
    replied
    Laurie, I've been wrong on here time and time again but i believe they were shown in H_D accessory books and the one in your photo is for the J model. They also made a stepped version for the BT springers. They do stabilize the upper portion of the front leg, There are repo's in stainbless out there. I have them on my '40 BT and '49 mini-twin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Laurie
    started a topic Springer Rod stabiliser top clamp

    Springer Rod stabiliser top clamp

    I think that's what they're called, Can anybody help with info on this please? are they Factory? what year were they available?
    all help greatly appreciated
    cheers & beers
    Laurie
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...