1919 Motorcycle Illustrated Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1919 Motorcycle Illustrated Magazine

I'm looking for a copy of a page from the 1919, Volume 15, Motorcycle Illustrated Magazine, page 22. I believe this page contains an article/ad for the first year 1919 Briggs & Stratton Motor Wheel. If a fellow collector/researcher has a copy I would dearly like a copy. I have items to trade like early original motorcycle photos, postcards and such or I will just pay for the copy. Thanks

Dick

Google seems to think the magazine was called "Motorcycle & Bicycle Illustrated" at that time, if it's on the WWW it must be true, right?
    Or not. Anyway, Motorcycle & Bicycle Illustrated is on line from 1908-1922 here:

http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008608578

I looked through some of it, didn't see the B & S Motorwheel-may have missed it- but a LOT of other very interesting stuff from that era.
    Last edited by frichie68; 11-24-2015, 09:21 PM.
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Hi Rich, thanks so much for the link. What a treasure trove of information. I did find some really nice ads/articles for the Motorwheel from 1919 but not the info I was looking for. This will take me some time to search all the issues. Not to mention all the issues for other years and other motorcycles. Who knows what I will find.This will be a good way to spend the cold winter days.

I have had good luck with Google Books. I have found numerous articles, photos and ads from a wide variety of publications that I would have never found any other way. Unfortunately they always don't give you access to the publication because of copy right laws. But it is another lead.

later

Comment

Is this it
        B&GMotorWheel.jpg B&GMotorWheel3.jpg B&GMotorWheel1.jpg B&GMotorWheel2.jpg
        Link below
        http://hdl.handle.net/2027/nyp.33433...pend=%3Bseq=25
        Last edited by WebKahuna; 11-25-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

How'd I miss that? Waytogo Gary!
          (I was only up to May.)
          Last edited by frichie68; 11-25-2015, 09:33 AM.
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

It was pretty much this approach BlindSquirrel.jpg

Comment

Thanks Gary,I found that 4 page ad also. Not the info I was looking for. I'm just finishing my research on Perry Mack and I'm trying to find info that he designed/improved the Smith Motor Wheel also. No question he designed the B&S Motor Wheel and all of B&S's early 1920's motors. He started working for A.O. Smith in 1914 after he finished his Mack Motor adventure. I think when I search the July 1919 issues I may find something. Time will tell.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X