Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB HD bike, running or project. Just started into antique bikes. Please read..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exeric View Post
    You are such and asshole, Tom and you have no competition in that department. Jason is asking for support, and advice which is why people join the AMCA. I don't know Sportsters but other do, and getting a conversation started is the first step. If you know a lot about 1969 Sportsters, then enlighten us with your profound insights. Dumb-ass replies like yours are an embarrassment to this forum, and our club; and do nothing to further involvement by new members. If you have a problem with me, send me a P.M. but don't seek revenge at other's expense. I await another one of your insipid, childish rebuttals.
    Beware Jason!

Anyone who twice admits " .. I don't know anything about ironhead Sportsters,.." is liable to steer you right into a money pit.

Just so he can feel important.

....Cotten

That I must agree
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

No need to apologize Eric at all. I really didn't understand this Cotton guys first comment and judging by his second, I think you were up the right track with your comment. Who cares if Sportsters arn't your thing. At least you are giving me advice and helping. Not just making troll comments, even though you are the mighty 776 member Cotton. You must be insecure about something. Maybe something small??? And I think I know my limits on what I can and can't do so I won't buy a money pit. But thanks for your encouragement.

Anyway that is so cool trubo about finding a red 79 Iron. Does if feel like you remember?
      And you guys are right, research and learning are part of the fun. That's why I joined this great community 7 or 8 months ago. After all the forum combing, getting the AMCA magazine and Classic Motorcycle magazine in the mail, learning the history of Harley and Indian and other American made motorcycles, being a member Dales channel at Wheels Through Time, narrowing down the models I can afford and find parts for. Now I am ready to start looking for the right bike. Thank you Eric and Turbo for all your support, and any other members that read this and would keep an eye and ear out for this new member looking for his first antique american made bike. I look forward to being a member of this community for a long time and hopefully meeting you guys at events, swap meets and on runs.
      PS, I re read my last message and that damn spell check got me. Haha
      Thanks again guys
      Jason

Comment

You can lead a horse to water Folks,

But you better drink before it pisses in it.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hey Jason,
          Yes, it was like going back in time to when I was 21. Once I get the tapered duals and the pullbacks on it will even more familiar. The thing about an old Harley is that you don't necessarily need a lot of money and/or a high skill level to put together the bike you want. Somewhere out there is your bike, you just haven't found it yet. But you will and as time goes by it will eventually end up being your bike. Doing it a step at a time gives you the time to think each step through. There are so many ways you can put a bike together it can drive you nuts. A good kind of nuts though. If you end up with an Ironhead You should look into a book by Donny Peterson, "Donnys Unauthorized Guide to Harley Davidson, 1936 to present. Volume VI, The Ironhead Sportster". It is 1024 pages long and has so much information you will not want to put it down. Amazon has it for thirty some dollars and worth every cent. Finally, I never heard any crap about Sportsters from riders that owned a Harley for the right reason, every now and then an image guy would say something but who cares? Go buy another chrome do-dad or a $24 t shirt and don't bother me. Go find your bike, it's out there waiting for you.

Comment

Thanks turbo, I will stay on the hunt no matter how long it takes. You sound like me. If I found a Sportsters that called my name, I knew I would put pull backs on it. If I got a flathead, I would restore as close to factory speck as possible. I will for sure get that book you mentioned for my ever growing motorcycle library. Thanks again and will keep this thread updated as my hunt goes on..

Comment

Working...
            X