Eric
Can you help I need an oil pump for a 1915 Thor motor
Cheers Wayne
needed 1914 thor oil pump
Collapse
X
-
Gary
I also need an oil pump for a 1916 twin, I have been looking for a while with no success. May have to investigate getting some made??? Cheers Wayne -- indigo.jensen@bigpond.com.au
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Robert, It may come to that. Ok my trade bait racing Indian cam cover is no longer available! I still need the oil pump or a lower end twin or single, late 14 and up. Thanks ALL, Gary
Leave a comment:
-
Brother, you better get a cad program and learn to use it. Your going to have to make this stuff. Nothing wrong with that. They weren't made by NASA in the first place and I'm sure you could hook up with a local machinist or. Wait a minute, check out local community collages and county votech schools. Most of these schools have top of the line equipment. They would give their right nut to be part of your project. In fact if you can hand them the original they would even draw it up for you. Your not going to trip over this stuff, you going to have to work for it. If there is something I can do for you with my facility. Please inquire. Bob L
Leave a comment:
-
Lets bump this up, someone must have a lower end or some pieces to get this great cycle going! Thanks for looking, Gary
Leave a comment:
-
Gary I'm doing a 1916 Thor and the motor I have is also missing the oil pump. Have you had any luck
Please reply to this as it near impossible to find anyone else doing a Thor
Wayne
Leave a comment:
-
I will also be in Waseon , my cell number is 1-262-573-9957 Please let me know if you have something. Gary
Leave a comment:
-
I will be at the Rhinebeck swap this Friday. I will have the cam cover and my cell number is 262-573-9957 I am not vending. Thanks Gary
Leave a comment:
-
Trade Bait
I will try to trade for the oil pump I need for the thor. Here is a ball bearing bronze or brass power plus cam cover to trade. The oil pump is nice and turns freely as do the bearings. Thanks for looking, Gary
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks for the pictures. I am missing a lot of pieces, so I really need to find one. Thanks, GaryOriginally posted by cbabek View PostGary
I had 2 of these gears cut on a CNC wire EDM machine out of 4130. mine were not missing - but in real bad shape. I might be able to get another one cut. see the pictures below - I also need the brass gear with the piston in it - mines broke![ATTACH=CONFIG]15032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15033[/ATTACH]
Leave a comment:
-
Gary,
I had 2 of these gears cut on a CNC wire EDM machine out of 4130. mine were not missing - but in real bad shape. I might be able to get another one cut. see the pictures below - I also need the brass gear with the piston in it - mines broke!011e8359582e17d981e60eb40ab62b26bd20ce0d72.jpgIMG_0395.jpg
Leave a comment:
-
Still looking for the thor oil pump! Somebody must have something. Thanks for looking, Gary
Leave a comment:
-
Gary, are U5164, and U5206 [driving gears] the most important missing parts? I ask because you may be forced to make them. I had that problem with a 1910 Merkel motor as it was missing all the oil pump driving parts in the gear chest. Using pictures from the parts list, and back-engineering the missing parts based on where things were obviously missing; I was able to make a working assembly. Most of these mechanical pumps on early motorcycles are kind of a smoke and mirror gadget that is often less reliable than a drip oiler. Oddly enough, Merkel went back to a drip oiler in 1911. If I can help you in any way, just let me know.
Leave a comment:
-
oil pump pics
Pic 34 is the parts I have all assembled and 35 is the front of the pump with all the parts in the back. I have none of the front parts and nothing to drive it. Hope that helps with the explanation. Thanks Gary
Attached Files
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: