needed 1914 thor oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed 1914 thor oil pump

I need an oil pump for my 14 thor single project. I think they are the same twin or single and I have the inner half if you only have parts of one. Thanks Gary # 895 1=262-335-2555 oaks_ cycle @yahoo.com
    Attached Files

I have a couple of thor parts to trade or harley or indian stuff. I would realy like to get this bike going! thanks Gary

Comment

Any help much appreciated and traded for. Thanks Gary

Comment

oil pump needed

I would realy like to get this up and running. Can any body Help? Thanks Gary
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 34 cac View Post
          I would realy like to get this up and running. Can any body Help? Thanks Gary
          Somebody must have a twin or single engine/ parts or whole to get this project back on the road. Only response I got was two spamers! Thanks for looking, Gary

Comment

Gary, do you have a picture from a Thor parts book of a complete assembly? It's a bit hard to figure out what's missing
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              Gary, do you have a picture from a Thor parts book of a complete assembly? It's a bit hard to figure out what's missing
              I have a parts listing on a pdf ? file in the computer from a cd, but it does not show much. I will print it and take a picture of it and post it( my scanner is not working with the new computer ) Thanks Gary

Comment

oil pump pics

I will add pics of what I have as I can. Gary
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 34 cac; 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

oil pump pics

Pic 34 is the parts I have all assembled and 35 is the front of the pump with all the parts in the back. I have none of the front parts and nothing to drive it. Hope that helps with the explanation. Thanks Gary
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gary, are U5164, and U5206 [driving gears] the most important missing parts? I ask because you may be forced to make them. I had that problem with a 1910 Merkel motor as it was missing all the oil pump driving parts in the gear chest. Using pictures from the parts list, and back-engineering the missing parts based on where things were obviously missing; I was able to make a working assembly. Most of these mechanical pumps on early motorcycles are kind of a smoke and mirror gadget that is often less reliable than a drip oiler. Oddly enough, Merkel went back to a drip oiler in 1911. If I can help you in any way, just let me know.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Still looking for the thor oil pump! Somebody must have something. Thanks for looking, Gary

Comment

Gary,

I had 2 of these gears cut on a CNC wire EDM machine out of 4130. mine were not missing - but in real bad shape. I might be able to get another one cut. see the pictures below - I also need the brass gear with the piston in it - mines broke!011e8359582e17d981e60eb40ab62b26bd20ce0d72.jpgIMG_0395.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cbabek View Post
                          Gary

I had 2 of these gears cut on a CNC wire EDM machine out of 4130. mine were not missing - but in real bad shape. I might be able to get another one cut. see the pictures below - I also need the brass gear with the piston in it - mines broke![ATTACH=CONFIG]15032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15033[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks for the pictures. I am missing a lot of pieces, so I really need to find one. Thanks, Gary

Comment

Trade Bait

I will try to trade for the oil pump I need for the thor. Here is a ball bearing bronze or brass power plus cam cover to trade. The oil pump is nice and turns freely as do the bearings. Thanks for looking, Gary
                            Attached Files

Comment

I will be at the Rhinebeck swap this Friday. I will have the cam cover and my cell number is 262-573-9957 I am not vending. Thanks Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X