No announcement yet.

Complete Collection being sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we first put up the website we did have the prices but was not getting enough feedback. POR got the calls coming in and the message out there. Thanks

Originally posted by portagepan View Post
    Then good luck with your sale, since it is AMCA member owned. How you conduct it is your business. I thought I saw a site a while back where asking prices were listed for these bikes?
    Mike

Comment

Well, if my wife is watching looking to buy me something for Christmas - Honey, either the 28 Ace, 36 VLD Sport, or the 49 Duo Glide please.
      Last edited by rbenash; 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by rbenash View Post
        Well, if my wife is watching looking to buy me something for Christmas - Honey, either the 28 Ace, 36 VLD Sport, or the 49 Duo Glide please.
        Ray, What about the 1918 Henderson? I'd take a teens Henderson over and Ace any day of the week. Good luck with the sale Fitzi.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          Ray, What about the 1918 Henderson? I'd take a teens Henderson over and Ace any day of the week. Good luck with the sale Fitzi.
          Your wife called mine and told her no way I was going to get that one
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by rbenash View Post
            Your wife called mine and told her no way I was going to get that one
            Ray, if my wife found out how much I spent on motorcycles this year; I'd be lucky if I get underwear for Christmas.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

You and me brother - my '65 Pan resto completes by Christmas. If she new total that went into this I would be figuring out how to use it as a home

Oh, wait - I think I'm supposed to call it a "collection of parts".
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

My membership had expired and I did not realize so had to join again. That is the reason for the high number. Couldn't remember my old number.
                Really?
                All one needs to do is call the membership secretary and re-activate their old number. They aren't given away for quite a while.
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Since you know how to do this why don't you look into it for me. My full name is Mike Fitzpatrick
                  Originally posted by Rub View Post
                  Really?
                  All one needs to do is call the membership secretary and re-activate their old number. They aren't given away for quite a while.
                  Robbie

Comment

I did not post this sale for those that have nothing else to do but rip on it. I posted it to see if any members may be interested in purchasing. If this keeps up I will just delete the add and move on.

Comment

Hey Thanks, if you want I can email the site to your wife with a little note this all I want for Christmas!!!

Comment

I hope all goes well for your friend Mike. I think, what you're doing for Mr. Tocci is admirable and nobel. I have a good friend that is nearing the same dilemma and it's a painful thing to watch. I think of all the good times we have had and all of the bar hopping he did on his Knucklehead. It chokes me up a bit when I think of any one of his bikes and all of the stories and good times that he and those motorcycles shared. We don't own these bikes, and we only look after them while we're on this earth. The good times soak into them and you can only hope that the next care-taker can tap into the karma that our friends put into those bikes.
                        Last edited by exeric; 11-05-2010, 05:03 PM.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by fitzi7 View Post
                          I did not post this sale for those that have nothing else to do but rip on it. I posted it to see if any members may be interested in purchasing. If this keeps up I will just delete the add and move on.
                          Thanks for posting I enjoyed looking through the collection. You did post it to the correct forum IMHO. And you are a member, so what's the rub. That will be all I have to say on the matter.
                          Ray
                          AMCA #7140

Comment

I hope all goes well for your friend Mike. I think, what you're doing for Mr. Tocci is admirable and nobel. I have a good friend that is nearing the same dilemma and it's a painful thing to watch. I think of all the good times we have had and all of the bar hopping he did on his Knucklehead. I chokes me up a bit when I think of any one of his bikes and all of the stories and good times that he and those motorcycle shared. We don't own these bikes, and we only look after them while we're on this earth. The good times soak into them and you can only hope that the next care-taker can tap into the karma that our friends put into those bikes.
                            Holy smoke I think I'm going to cry. I only have 3 old bikes. I'm going to enjoy them until I croak. When I leave this mortal coil they will go to my son. He may have no interest (this seems to be developing of late) but he will at least be educated in the proper method of moving them to a proper owner. He really likes the '59 R26 though... he might just keep that. The '65 pan I think it's just that it's a little intimidating right now. Mostly because of the history and what he knows about the detail that went into it (AKA "collection of parts") Not an insignificant enterprise with this year/model. But we'll get him on it, then see what he thinks. The '59 R26 came from an old friend and he practically gave it to me back in the late 70's, once he was convinced I wasn't going to just "fix it up and sell it". The '65 Pan was my fathers. He "gave" it to me for $4500 because he knew I would know what to do with it. He then split that $4500 between my sibs as an early "inheritance" mine was the bike. The 81 GL1100i with the fairly rare type one and the pretty rare instrument pods is mint and perfect and a real rocket. I'm thinking my son will grow into all 3 until I'm done He will at least do the right thing to get them to the right place after I leave. I will make sure he knows what to do.

One of the things I will tell him to do is that if he wants to sell them that he post here first (but also understand the value) to see who might like them.

When or if that happens - I hope you guys don't give him a hard time.....
                            Last edited by rbenash; 11-05-2010, 05:13 PM.
                            Ray
                            AMCA #7140

Comment

Here is my opinion on selling high dollar stuff not that anybody cares. Saw a local 13 Indian sell recently on ebay. Went to Europe. Knuckleheads for 30 40 50 Grand, going to ***an. Last few big dollar things I sold on ebay went to England, Europe and Australia. If you want the exposure for selling high dollar bikes I think ebay is the way to go. Total worldwide exposure. Listing them on this website and i'm guessing what you want for some of these bikes? It isn't gonna happen. I listed a few nice VL's here for a friend with some health issues for LESS than 10 grand and only got a few replies from this website. Most guys here bought their bikes years ago. The prices today for the same bikes are beyond many of us. The average guy here is a Blue Collar hardworking (hopefully working with this economy) enthuisiast who is basically trying to just hang on to what they have. If there were some good manufacturing jobs with a strong economy in this country things might be better. We make nothing here anymore. That is another can of worms to open but not here. Like I said this is just MY OPINION. Jp

Comment

I thought this was a for sale ad, not "Parking Lot Chatter"??????????

Comment

Working...
                                X