No announcement yet.

Early 36 Knucklehead Fuel Tanks "Prototype"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a dog in this fight and certainly am not trying to ruffle any feathers but I have seen nice 41-46 knucklehead tanks sell for $3500 a set. If these tanks are any good, $5000 may not be too far off the money because 36-39 tanks have been hard to find for quite awhile now. I am just real happy I am not planning on restoring anymore knuckleheads because all of the parts are really getting high priced. Just for the record, I wouldn't pay 5 large for these tanks but also wouldn't be surprised if someone does. They would go good with the $5000 muffler that was on ebay awhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by jwl View Post
      I don't have a dog in this fight and certainly am not trying to ruffle any feathers but I have seen nice 41-46 knucklehead tanks sell for $3500 a set. If these tanks are any good, $5000 may not be too far off the money because 36-39 tanks have been hard to find for quite awhile now. I am just real happy I am not planning on restoring anymore knuckleheads because all of the parts are really getting high priced. Just for the record, I wouldn't pay 5 large for these tanks but also wouldn't be surprised if someone does. They would go good with the $5000 muffler that was on ebay awhile back.
      I guess you didn't notice that the shift lever pivot mount has been removed from those standard production '36 tanks. Just because somebody pays a price for something doesn't mean that is what a like item is actually worth.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
        I guess you didn't notice that the shift lever pivot mount has been removed from those standard production '36 tanks. Just because somebody pays a price for something doesn't mean that is what a like item is actually worth.
        If the mount is gone you find a donor tank and replace it? It is called "restoring" something?? But yet you placed a $357 bid on this restorable fender (completed ebay auction number 2309 7207 1306) knowing how much work it needed? If YOU need it you step up to the plate for it for almost all the money? But if someone else has something you don't need its doo doo if you don't like the price? Someone post a link to this completed auction number for me please if you want to see how this guy thinks? And even though you didn't win the auction I know that fender was worth all the money it went for because the guy who won it is probably one of the most respected knowledgeable people in this hobby today.
        And as far as JWL's comments he is also one of the most intellegent respectful level headed realistic people that I have dealt with whos mind isn't stuck thirty years in the past. 46EL

Comment

why not just send chris a pm. with this bs.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I bid on something and was outbid. That is news? From the look of that fender it didn't need muck. A rear flap and hinge, which I have. The mounting straps and clips, which I know a guy who makes them. With fenders going in the $900.00 and higher range I thought I would give it a shot. As it turns out someone else wanted it more than I did.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Everyone has valid points, but this catagory is for selling. If an item is improperly described then a polite correction is in order. If you don't like the price. . . . Well?

With the fees, and hassles of ebay, it seems like it would be a good idea to encourage people to sell here. I like the idea of AMCA club members having an exclusive shot at old bike parts, and I believe club members are far more trustworthy than some of the scoundrels on ebay.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
              X