1936 Harley Davidson EL with Sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1936 Harley Davidson EL with Sidecar

This is one of the finest examples of the 1936 Model EL in existence today. There were many Harley Davidson factory changes the "Knucklehead" underwent in 1936, this motorcycle was accurately restored to the version that debuted in the first half of 1936. This is the last motorcycle restored by the late Johnny Burgin, owner of Vintage Motorcycles Northwest. It features many of the factory options that were available at the time, such as side car, spare tire mount on sidecar, cold weather windshield on sidecar. Has reverse transmission. This motorcycle has been museum and private owner kept since restoration was completed. Zero miles since restoration, bike has never had fluids or been started since restoration. This would be a great addition to any collection. Asking price $87,500. Please contact Ken at 360-736-4590 for more info or email panhead.matz742@gmail.com for photos. Thanks for your interest.

Im not intrested in purchasing but if you could email me the pics to tordin123@yahoo.com

Comment

why not post pictures here?
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

DSC03595.jpgDSC03587.jpgDSC03585.jpgDSC03598.jpg

Comment

Without going into great detail this late at nite I will simply say that is not a perfect specimen. If I point out things I see wrong I could be accused of bashing.
          Last edited by Chris Haynes; 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM.
          Be sure to visit;

Comment

From what I see it is a very nice looking Knucklehead. I give the restorer a lot of credit he was able to do what he did at the age he was when he did it. I hope if I ever reach his age I will still have the love of this hobby that Johnny did. I spoke with him a few times years ago and he was a real interesting person. As far as originality goes I do not see any disclaimer in this section of this website that states a motorcycle must be a 100 point correct bike to be listed for sale here? Did I miss somewhere that bikes will be judged by certain clun members in this section? I also did read the description and the seller didn't ask for the bike to be judged here online. I wonder just how many other club members might want to list something here but are afraid to because certain people fell the need to pick apart everything they see. I wish you all the luck on the sale of this very nice looking motorcycle that is a piece of one mans history. Respectfully, 46EL

Comment

In regards to the post left by 46EL, I would like to thank you for your thoughts as I myself feel the same. Have a wonderful day and continue enjoying the hobby as we all do.

Comment

Ken, wow, what a gorgeous bike ! I can see a lot of care went into this. $ way out of my league but I sure can appreciate this one, thanks for posting it on here.
                Bob Beatty
                AMCA 19209

Comment

If I post anything about a motorcycle for sale it is not to bash it. I point out I correct things the owner may not know about and at the same time let prospective buyers know that it may not be as advertised.
                  Be sure to visit;

Comment

Nice looking bike. I visited John Burgin's place over twenty years ago. Boy oh boy he sure had quite a collection tucked away there, I saw some pretty interesting things.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                      If I post anything about a motorcycle for sale it is not to bash it. I point out I correct things the owner may not know about and at the same time let prospective buyers know that it may not be as advertised.
                      So as a an "AMCA Senior Judge" as mentioned in your ID you feel that it is your job to roam this website and comment and judge everything that is posted for sale here and also let us all know if it overpriced or priced within the guidelines YOU set? I do now wonder how whoever is totally in charge of this Website, AMCA Judging and this FOR SALE section in this orginazation feels about that? Respectfully, 46EL

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                        So as a an "AMCA Senior Judge" as mentioned in your ID you feel that it is your job to roam this website and comment and judge everything that is posted for sale here and also let us all know if it overpriced or priced within the guidelines YOU set? I do now wonder how whoever is totally in charge of this Website, AMCA Judging and this FOR SALE section in this orginazation feels about that? Respectfully, 46EL
                        No, but when I see a post that begins with "This is one of the finest examples of the 1936 Model EL in existence today." and I can plainly see that it not should I remain silent? Or should I let prospective buyers know that it is not as perfect as advertised? Are we not here to watch each others backs?
                        Be sure to visit;

Comment

blah,blah blah 1936 blah blah blah 1936 blahhhh get over it and go work on some bikes.

Comment

When done in a constructive manner I find many of Chris' comments helpful. I don't awlays agree with how he presents his information, but always learn more about the various motorcycles he discusses.
                            Buzz Kanter
                            Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
                            [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
                            [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

From my short time here: I see a lot of post with 500 lookers and no responses! I believe we should all share our thoughts and knowledge and not horde it waiting on the D9 to push it from one side of our brain to the other I applauded Chris and Buzz's efforts to share what they know and if you didn't see the word CREMUDGION read it and look it up. You were warned

I will take a Knowledgeable Curmudgeon willing to share over a silent hoarder any day!

2 months ago there were 2 sets of 60's mufflers on Ebay and I posted the question on C-Mag; Do original mufflers have seams or not? 150 lookers and not 1 answer, pretty apathetic if you ask me. So I missed out on a set of original 60"s mufflers because no one would help- I no longer belong to that site.

We all came here for one reason or another, I came here to learn and share

Big thanks to all who have helped me so far, especially Buzz and Curmudgeon

Comment

Working...
                              X