Beware ,American Cycle Fabrication – Paul and Denise Friebus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaumonts View Post
    Much empathy for someone who is actually committing fraud by not giving back my bike or returning my deposit and making promises to return my refund etc and then ignoring me. Sorry Chuck, business practices would entail actually having a legitimate business. This is not legitimate. Would you have much empathy if he ripped you off for twenty grand?
    Paul did rip me off.

I was among the first to call him out. In return, I got threatening phone calls from his "friends" at my home and office. They even yelled at my wife telling her they'd f'me up at a meet if I didn't stop knocking Paul's reputation.

Doesn't mean I can't have empathy.

But, hey, thanks for singling me out.

Comment

Sorry Chuck didn't mean to single you out, I guess I should have said "I" have no empathy for Paul ,especially with the constant lies and f ing me over. I hope you can understand my point of view on this matter. Thanks

Comment

Mr. and Mrs. Friebus are not here to defend themselves, Folks.

I have never met or dealt with them, so I must still reserve judgement.

But I am leary of anyone that advertises, yet demands a deposit!

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
          Mr. and Mrs. Friebus are not here to defend themselves, Folks.

I have never met or dealt with them, so I must still reserve judgement.

But I am leary of anyone that advertises, yet demands a deposit!

....Cotten
          I wish they were here to discuss this situation. Hopefully they will chime in to resolve this.

Comment

There are no hard & fast rules in State Civil Court with regard to recovering attorney's fees and court costs (Federal generally allows this).
            However, I don't see anything immoral or devious if you were to suggest to PF that if you sue him and ask for fee recovery, (in my opinion) one of the factors that favors this is willful obstruction and failure to deal reasonably with the plaintiff's charges: making it difficult on purpose. When you win, he'll be paying BOTH lawyers, he may not realize that.
            The Linkert Book

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
              There are no hard & fast rules in State Civil Court with regard to recovering attorney's fees and court costs (Federal generally allows this).
              However, I don't see anything immoral or devious if you were to suggest to PF that if you sue him and ask for fee recovery, (in my opinion) one of the factors that favors this is willful obstruction and failure to deal reasonably with the plaintiff's charges: making it difficult on purpose. When you win, he'll be paying BOTH lawyers, he may not realize that.
              Thank you, I appreciate the information.

Comment

I had Paul do some work for me last year. We discussed what needed done and agreed on a completion date. He did the work discussed and then some and completed it about two weeks later than we discussed. I was fine with that, what bike shop ever finishes on time anyway. Paul is an honest man, I doubt he's trying to rip off any one. But he's apparently having some issues getting some things done. Complaining on a forum isn't going to resolve your problem. If it was me first I'd go get my parts then I'd speak face to face with Paul about my money. I'd be calm and polite, not confrontational. Take any proof of payments you've made with you in case there's any confusion about the amount. Paul's an honest man. I think that's the best way to resolve your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Flathead fathead View Post
                  I had Paul do some work for me last year. We discussed what needed done and agreed on a completion date. He did the work discussed and then some and completed it about two weeks later than we discussed. I was fine with that, what bike shop ever finishes on time anyway. Paul is an honest man, I doubt he's trying to rip off any one. But he's apparently having some issues getting some things done. Complaining on a forum isn't going to resolve your problem. If it was me first I'd go get my parts then I'd speak face to face with Paul about my money. I'd be calm and polite, not confrontational. Take any proof of payments you've made with you in case there's any confusion about the amount. Paul's an honest man. I think that's the best way to resolve your problem.
                  I'm happy it worked out for you but like I previously posted this has been going on for 8 years and I live in Canada so going down to see him is a couple thousand dollar expense. I picked Paul because I thought he was honest and by all accounts he was, I have talked to him many times and many times promises have been made and every time I request a update or picture it's been radio silence. So again at this point I have to take legal action. I would rather have had my bike done, or cash back etc any day.... but this is where it's at.

Comment

I guess you've got to do what's right for you, but won't legal action still mean you're going to have to make a trip to Bloomsburg and possibly several trips for multiple court dates? I've known others who've had problems getting Paul to finish things. They've gone to his shop and either picked up their stuff or Paul's completed their work while they wait. That's what's worked for others and it might work for you too. But whatever you decide to do good luck I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flathead fathead View Post
                      I guess you've got to do what's right for you, but won't legal action still mean you're going to have to make a trip to Bloomsburg and possibly several trips for multiple court dates? I've known others who've had problems getting Paul to finish things. They've gone to his shop and either picked up their stuff or Paul's completed their work while they wait. That's what's worked for others and it might work for you too. But whatever you decide to do good luck I hope it works out for you.
                      I will probably have to go there but I can't afford to do it multiple times and right now with my health issues I can't get insurance to do the trip so I'm stuck. I think Paul knows my situation and for whatever reason is exploiting it so he doesn't have to finish my bike or give me my cash back or anything that would make this right. This would have been my first Harley and I'm in my 50's I guess Im a bit of a late bloomer. Regardless, I'm probably going to be screwed out of my bike and cash at the end anyway's but I would like to make other's aware so they don't fall victim. Again, I would like to see Paul come on the Forum and explain himself but his silence speaks volumes.

Comment

really hope it works out for you. Not cool at all from Cycle-Fab.

I personally have only been in the vintage motorcycles 30+ years(still a newby and cannot do motor work. I also have been burned and thru the years from certain people that have been at this for decades and have a outstanding reputation have nothing good to say about him from the first day since he came to the states from S.Africa. I've also seen and read from certain know it all people that backed him 100% only to get burned.

I got screwed and was in a pickle on some motors and so I sent 2 of them to Bona-Fide Cycles. When T-Bone opened up the motors it was a **** show on what was previously done. The negligence was immense and Imo T-Bone performed a miracle to bring them back the way they should have been in the first place. I'm happy to say that now 2 bikes are done and cross them off the list. So at being 60(still young but soon running out of time as I have several other projects I need to finish before I'm done. When time and funds will permit? I'll be sending my other motors to Bona-Fide-Cycles..
                        Thanks T-Bone. Lesson learned the hard way, but lesson learned nonetheless.
                        Len.
                        AMCA #765

Comment

I know Tom from Bone-a-Fide on a personal level. He not only is a perfectionist in his work, his shop you can eat off the floor, but a hell of a nice guy and funny as hell.
                          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Originally posted by beaumonts View Post
                            I will probably have to go there but I can't afford to do it multiple times and right now with my health issues I can't get insurance to do the trip so I'm stuck. I think Paul knows my situation and for whatever reason is exploiting it so he doesn't have to finish my bike or give me my cash back or anything that would make this right. This would have been my first Harley and I'm in my 50's I guess Im a bit of a late bloomer. Regardless, I'm probably going to be screwed out of my bike and cash at the end anyway's but I would like to make other's aware so they don't fall victim. Again, I would like to see Paul come on the Forum and explain himself but his silence speaks volumes.
                            I sure hope you can work something out to make a trip or possibly send representative in your place. I hope cooler heads prevail and you both can come to an agreement. I am sort of in the same place with regard's to an antique car I own that has been stuck in a restoration shop with no end in site. I dropped off a 1952 MGTD last Sept. that was promised to be completed by spring. Well we are into summer and the car is nowhere ready to be drivable. Multiple emails and calls go unanswered as well as thousands of upfront dollars to be accounted for. I am not as far away from my trouble shop as you but still far enough to take a day off from work and hope someone will be there to answerer the door.
                            Craig (Delaware)
                            Delaware Bay Chapter
                            Perkiomen Chapter
                            AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
                              I know Tom from Bone-a-Fide on a personal level. He not only is a perfectionist in his work, his shop you can eat off the floor, but a hell of a nice guy and funny as hell.
                              I too have had work done by T Bone and totally agree. He also did the work and sent the end result all the way down to Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by craig (DE) View Post
                                I sure hope you can work something out to make a trip or possibly send representative in your place. I hope cooler heads prevail and you both can come to an agreement. I am sort of in the same place with regard's to an antique car I own that has been stuck in a restoration shop with no end in site. I dropped off a 1952 MGTD last Sept. that was promised to be completed by spring. Well we are into summer and the car is nowhere ready to be drivable. Multiple emails and calls go unanswered as well as thousands of upfront dollars to be accounted for. I am not as far away from my trouble shop as you but still far enough to take a day off from work and hope someone will be there to answerer the door.
                                Thanks, it's a hard thing trust a person with which is essentially a personal dream. It would have been nice to actually pay for and get what was agreed upon but I'm finding out that's not always the case. I guess just because you are a honest person with integrity doesn't always mean the person that you pick is . And it's a really bad sinking feeling when you start getting these red flag's of none answered correspondence and empty promises and lip service. I wish you the best with your MGTD and hopefully you'll at least be able to get it back and get it to a different shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X