Took the Scout out today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the Scout out today

Have not been able to ride in quite a while, family health issues. But today, I had a couple hours free. Took my 25 Scout out for a 50 mile loop around our coast line. Way to much traffic and to late in the day. But who knows when I might git another chance, so there I went. Got plenty cold, I am a real whimp - born and raised in So Cal. Did not git back till after dark in heavy traffic with those dinky little week lights. It was to cool and the ocean and cliff's were very pleasent to glance at, not to mention Catalina Island. Man it was great, best of all the Scout ran like new.
    I have had that Scout almost 20 years, but just got it running about two years ago. Then had engine troubles, sticking pistons. Finally though, thanks to Johnny Eagles - think we have got her squared away. Man it was fun and I sure enjoyed it. I had to tell somebody ;-) It's back in the barn now, but I will clean her up good this weekend.

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
    Have not been able to ride in quite a while, family health issues. But today, I had a couple hours free. Took my 25 Scout out for a 50 mile loop around our coast line. Way to much traffic and to late in the day. But who knows when I might git another chance, so there I went. Got plenty cold, I am a real whimp - born and raised in So Cal. Did not git back till after dark in heavy traffic with those dinky little week lights. It was to cool and the ocean and cliff's were very pleasent to glance at, not to mention Catalina Island. Man it was great, best of all the Scout ran like new.
    I have had that Scout almost 20 years, but just got it running about two years ago. Then had engine troubles, sticking pistons. Finally though, thanks to Johnny Eagles - think we have got her squared away. Man it was fun and I sure enjoyed it. I had to tell somebody ;-) It's back in the barn now, but I will clean her up good this weekend.
    Tom,

Its always nice to ride and get away, the best medication ever. I myself rode my Scout for the first time yesterday and went around the block twice. The front brake cable broke and I have to re-aline my kicker but its damm close to being ready for a 10 mile test ride. I will do about 2 ten mile test rides than its a nice long 60 mile ride.

Mike
    Mike Dunn
    Vintage German Motorcycles
    www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Right on Mike, I bet you are going to love that Sport Scout. They are awesome machines, I have always been impressed with mine and your's being built like that. I bet that it well really impress you and it looks awesome for sure. Just my opinion, brake it in easy and it will run strong for years to come. Look forward to seeing and hearing it on the road some time.

Comment

Thanks for the visual Tom. Im stuck in a deepfreeze back here in Iowa with 80 straight days of snow on the ground, so no way to get the bike down the driveway (1/2 mile). Sounds like a great ride! Im getting a bad case of Spring fever. Scott
        Scott Larson
        AMCA #13589
        Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
        1971 HD FLH
        1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
        1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Scott,
          Can't you put a snow blower on that Guzzi SC rig?
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie, Thats a good idea but I dont even want to THINK about snow anymore! 50's are forecast for next weekend so another couple weeks of ground thaw and mud and then I should be good until next December.
            Scott Larson
            AMCA #13589
            Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
            1971 HD FLH
            1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
            1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Glad you got a kick out of it Scott, I dont know how you guys do it back east. 80 days of snow on the ground. I could not hang, no way. Of course then I see pictures of guys like Joe racing in the snow, you guys are tough!

Comment

Working...
              X