Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1942 741 videos

Found these while fishing through the "net" which brings me to a question
    My 1942 model 741 bobber had it's front seat mount hacked off for some silly reason or another in the name of customizing...anyway I would like to find a replacement piece to reweld and raise the seat back to where it should be...........if anything just for comfort.

Any leads are appreciated.........thanks,Chuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxiCtZMSiiY Before the hacksaw and torches..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJA4BcVBsbo And....well........after...............
    Last edited by Chuck#1848; 02-03-2010, 07:19 PM.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hey John, you probably already know it - but, the 101 association has alot of helpful info on the earlier scouts too. I have a 25 scout and I found some good info through the 101 club.
      Chuck, hope you can get that scout, their a neat machine. Mines just the 37cu incher, but its a fun little machine and it gits up and goes pretty good. One thing that cracks me up about mine - the brake peddle, its the smallest little thing. Not like any of my other bikes, it seem's almost like something that would be on a toy and not a real motorcycle. I really have to remember which machine Iam on, otherwise - I would reach for the brake and have my foot out in the air and totally miss that little peddle. :-)

Comment

Hi Tom,

I got it September last year I am looking for the front mounting bracket on the frame for the seat tee it seemed to have been removed to lower the seat I would like to relocate the seat to where it belongs .
        Attached Files
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
          Hey John, you probably already know it - but, the 101 association has alot of helpful info on the earlier scouts too. I have a 25 scout and I found some good info through the 101 club.
          Chuck, hope you can get that scout, their a neat machine. Mines just the 37cu incher, but its a fun little machine and it gits up and goes pretty good. One thing that cracks me up about mine - the brake peddle, its the smallest little thing. Not like any of my other bikes, it seem's almost like something that would be on a toy and not a real motorcycle. I really have to remember which machine Iam on, otherwise - I would reach for the brake and have my foot out in the air and totally miss that little peddle. :-)

Tom---
          Yeah, they're a good source of info, and lots of stuff on my bike is the same as the 101, it's a '28 short frame scout, they stopped making them in March, '28 and started making the 101's.

Chuck----
          You can get your seat bracket here
          http://www.aceprecisionparts.com/scout-parts.html
          This is the guy that bought most of the casting business from Mike Breeding. I never did any business with him, but it looks like this is just what you need if it's really available.
          When you go to put it on, make sure that the grease fitting faces forward, not like whoever put the one on my scout frame did sometime in the past.
          John Prusnek, VP
          Lake Erie Chapter, AMCA

Comment

Thanks!!

Hey Thanks John that's just what I am looking for oh and thanks for the tip
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Just joined as a friend (MicMac) recommended here is my 1941 741.

Comment

Hey Kevin, good ta see you here.
                Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Very nice uplander!
                  Scott Larson
                  AMCA #13589
                  Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
                  1971 HD FLH
                  1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
                  1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Here is my Red 1941 741

Got her running today and would love to see a few close up pictures of your to help sort out a few things I am trying to figure out..
                    IMG_20140111_143324.jpgIMG_20140106_082407720.jpgIMG_20140111_130025037_HDR.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X