No announcement yet.

Old Dealers web sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been workign on the web site and I would like to ask everyone if anyone is willing to donate pictures of a Indian Dealership for my web site? I need something from the 1940's? early would be nice. I will be using this for a background. Anyone want to donate a picture they own?
    Mike Dunn
    Vintage German Motorcycles
    www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com

Comment

Seattle dealership photos then and now

Mike, I just found this, it's the best I could do so far.http://blog.jollyrogersmotorcycleclub.com/?p=141 That is Ken Edmiston 3rd from the left in the second photo

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
        Mike, I just found this, it's the best I could do so far.http://blog.jollyrogersmotorcycleclub.com/?p=141 That is Ken Edmiston 3rd from the left in the second photo
        Scott,

Perfect, thank you.

Mike
        Mike Dunn

Comment

The web site is close to being finished and ready for a launch. It has the basic info and nothing special. I need just a few pictures of Indians, anyone willing to donate a few pictures for the site? I would prefer somthing with Scouts or chiefs? Once the site is fully done you will be able too click on the dealer names( which a picture will pop up if available) and than click on the address for google maps to appear and show you where it use to be or if it is still there? It will take time but I am working on it.

Mike
          Mike Dunn

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Mike. I am looking forward to visiting your site.
            Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Originally posted by koanes View Post
              Thanks for your efforts Mike. I am looking forward to visiting your site.
              I just need some good pics of Indian Dealers from the past and some normal shots of everyday people on Indians. Basically all the web site is going to show you is the Worlds only and complete list( what we know as it comes in) of Indian Delaers when Indian was in business. You can click on the dealer list and view all of the dealers. When you click on a name it will show you a picture of a dealer and than when you click on an address is will take you to google maps and show you a satelite view. Thats the big picture.

Mike
              Mike Dunn

Comment

Here is the link so far, its not finished but getting closer.

www.oldindiandealers.com

I have to fix the spread sheet and make it have boxes that seperate everything, add in links of dealer pictures when you click on the names and than a link to when you click on the address which will direct you to google maps and show you whats there now. Its actually going to be very cool to go back and have a look.
                I need more pics, I havent received anything from anyone. Just a few more pictures for the site in general and I will keep fixing the other things but its up and running just not finished. The list probably will grow like crazy once the sumbit form is also changed, we are working on that now.

Mike
                Mike Dunn

Comment

wow that's a great start----i can't believe there is still nothing listed in Massachusetts yet. there must have been several there.

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
                    wow that's a great start----i can't believe there is still nothing listed in Massachusetts yet. there must have been several there.
                    I havent seen anything yet, everything I have listed came from books, dealer decales, pictures, etc. I just havent received anything from Massachusetts at all. I am curious about Alaska.....I bet they had probably only one dealer in the entire state.

Mike
                    Mike Dunn

Comment

Here's a few for you that came out of some copies of "Buzz Motorcycle News" that I have.

Bernardi Cycle Co., 1214 W. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, Illinois
                      Bikes Not Inc., 7011 Stoney Island Ave., Chicago, Illinois
                      Mack's Motorcycle Shop, 3307 Irving Park Road, Chicago, Illinois.
                      In 1948 this shop becomes Chicago Indian Sales, "Dud and Al"
                      Speede Service, Carbondale, Illinois
                      Jess York's Indian Sales, 1602 Beauregard Street, San Angelo, Texas
                      Pierce Brothers, 107-109 W. Martin Street, San Antonio, Texas
                      Smith Motor Sales, 727-733 E. Main Street, Danville, Illinois
                      Bud Bay's, 1426 W. Franklin Street, Evansville, Indiana
                      Vernon W. Goodwin, 131 N. Rock Island Station Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska
                      James Risk, 220 E. Madison Street, Sandusky, Ohio
                      Del's Motorcycles, Moses Lake, Washington
                      Capitol Motorcycle Sales, 204 N. Court Street, Montgomery, Alabama
                      Muffley Electric Service, 846 E. Main Street, Galeburg, Illinois
                      Motorcycle Service Co., 201 E. South Blvd. Crawfordsville, Indiana
                      R.E. Bender, 621 Barr Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana
                      Indian Motorcycle Sales and Service, 742 S. Eddy Street, South Bend, Indiana
                      S and V Motors, 422 Cherry Street, Terre Haute, Indiana
                      W.C. Stehlik, 1910 W. Sixth Ave, Emporia, Kansas
                      Indian Motorcycle Sales Co., 1923 S. Main Street, Fall River, Mass.
                      Henry Springer, 6229 Hudson Blvd., North Bergan, New Jersey
                      Robert H. Fonda, 31 Pine Street, Amsterdam, New York
                      Frank L. Zimmerman, 119-131 W. Main Street, Rochester, New York
                      Dave's Indian Motorcycle Shop, 1628 Erie Blvd., Syracuse, New York
                      Endres Cycle Store, 41 Genesee Street, Utica, New York
                      Wickham's Cycle Shop, 755 Dayton Ave., Findlay, Ohio
                      Bill Carpenter's Motor Sales, 933 Washington Ave., Lancaster, Ohio
                      Indian N.W. Sales Co., 935 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, Oregon
                      Fritz's, 236 N. Ninth Street, Reading, Penn.
                      Pete's Indian Shop, Mount Vernon, South Dakota.
                      After 1st April 1948 relocating to Mitchell, South Dakota
                      Roberson's Indian Cyclery, Coleman Road, Brownwood, Texas
                      J.W. "Jimmie" Parker Motorcycle Sales and Service, 2723 Main Street, Dallas, Texas
                      Indian Sales Co., 215 W. Antinio Street, El Paso, Texas
                      Forsberg Indian Co., Cnr Westlake and Harrison, Seattle, Washington
                      Bill Brownell Indian Sales, Nord Ave., Chico Creek, Calif.
                      Joe Koon's Indian Sales and Service, 1150 W. Ocean Ave., Long Beach, Calif
                      Kegian Brothers Indian Sales, 1230 South Olive, Los Angeles, Calif
                      Ed Kretz Indian Motorcycles, 417 E. Garvey Blvd., Monterey Park, Calif
                      Guy Urquhart, 1041 Columbia Street, San Diego, Calif
                      Ang Rossi, 415 Davis Street, Santa Rosa, Calif
                      Kokomo Cycle Shop, 600 E. Markland Ave., Kokomo, Indiana
                      Massey's Motor Mart 1034 Territorial Road, Benton Harbour, Michigan
                      Egeberg Cycle Co., Minneapolis, Minnesota
                      Schrader Cycle and Marine Sales, 26 North Street, Cobleskill, New York
                      McDaniel and Son, 208 Person Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina
                      L.A. Hare and Son, 518 Hierholzer Street, Celina, Ohio
                      Indian Bluefield, Route #2, Bluefield, West Virgina
                      Huntington Indian, 301 W. 7th Ave., Huntington, West Virgina
                      Dick Donovan Indian Sales and Service, 57 Second Street, Yuma, Arizona
                      Timme Motorcycle Shop, 115 South Union, Pueblo, Colorado

Hope this helps.
                      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                      A.M.C.A. # 2777
                      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Taking advantage of some nice weather we were out for ride yesterday and in the bathroom of a wetyourwhistlestop was a framed picture of a large group of motorcycles in front of a motorcycle shop in El Paso Texas. The dealer was United Motorcycle Supply and offered both Indian and Harley Davidson machines. I wonder how common it was for a dealer to offer competing brands at that time, probably late twenties.
                        Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Ted's Cycle Sales, 453 S. Walnut St., South Bend, IN. Ted sold Indians, then Brit bikes, then BMW. I bought an R90S from him in 1975.

Comment

Originally posted by mdunn View Post
                            I havent seen anything yet, everything I have listed came from books, dealer decales, pictures, etc. I just havent received anything from Massachusetts at all. I am curious about Alaska.....I bet they had probably only one dealer in the entire state.

Mike
                            Tibby's Indian, White Street-Springfield Mass, now a HD dealer
                            Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                            1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Kyle, you can get that photo from JP cycles, I have it in my barn and like it. Way to go Tomo, I think I will look some of those up.

Comment

WOW,

Ok, I will work on this tonight and get them into the spread sheet.

Mike

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                                Here's a few for you that came out of some copies of "Buzz Motorcycle News" that I have.

Bernardi Cycle Co., 1214 W. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, Illinois
                                Bikes Not Inc., 7011 Stoney Island Ave., Chicago, Illinois
                                Mack's Motorcycle Shop, 3307 Irving Park Road, Chicago, Illinois.
                                In 1948 this shop becomes Chicago Indian Sales, "Dud and Al"
                                Speede Service, Carbondale, Illinois
                                Jess York's Indian Sales, 1602 Beauregard Street, San Angelo, Texas
                                Pierce Brothers, 107-109 W. Martin Street, San Antonio, Texas
                                Smith Motor Sales, 727-733 E. Main Street, Danville, Illinois
                                Bud Bay's, 1426 W. Franklin Street, Evansville, Indiana
                                Vernon W. Goodwin, 131 N. Rock Island Station Drive, Lincoln, Nebraska
                                James Risk, 220 E. Madison Street, Sandusky, Ohio
                                Del's Motorcycles, Moses Lake, Washington
                                Capitol Motorcycle Sales, 204 N. Court Street, Montgomery, Alabama
                                Muffley Electric Service, 846 E. Main Street, Galeburg, Illinois
                                Motorcycle Service Co., 201 E. South Blvd. Crawfordsville, Indiana
                                R.E. Bender, 621 Barr Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana
                                Indian Motorcycle Sales and Service, 742 S. Eddy Street, South Bend, Indiana
                                S and V Motors, 422 Cherry Street, Terre Haute, Indiana
                                W.C. Stehlik, 1910 W. Sixth Ave, Emporia, Kansas
                                Indian Motorcycle Sales Co., 1923 S. Main Street, Fall River, Mass.
                                Henry Springer, 6229 Hudson Blvd., North Bergan, New Jersey
                                Robert H. Fonda, 31 Pine Street, Amsterdam, New York
                                Frank L. Zimmerman, 119-131 W. Main Street, Rochester, New York
                                Dave's Indian Motorcycle Shop, 1628 Erie Blvd., Syracuse, New York
                                Endres Cycle Store, 41 Genesee Street, Utica, New York
                                Wickham's Cycle Shop, 755 Dayton Ave., Findlay, Ohio
                                Bill Carpenter's Motor Sales, 933 Washington Ave., Lancaster, Ohio
                                Indian N.W. Sales Co., 935 S.E. Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, Oregon
                                Fritz's, 236 N. Ninth Street, Reading, Penn.
                                Pete's Indian Shop, Mount Vernon, South Dakota.
                                After 1st April 1948 relocating to Mitchell, South Dakota
                                Roberson's Indian Cyclery, Coleman Road, Brownwood, Texas
                                J.W. "Jimmie" Parker Motorcycle Sales and Service, 2723 Main Street, Dallas, Texas
                                Indian Sales Co., 215 W. Antinio Street, El Paso, Texas
                                Forsberg Indian Co., Cnr Westlake and Harrison, Seattle, Washington
                                Bill Brownell Indian Sales, Nord Ave., Chico Creek, Calif.
                                Joe Koon's Indian Sales and Service, 1150 W. Ocean Ave., Long Beach, Calif
                                Kegian Brothers Indian Sales, 1230 South Olive, Los Angeles, Calif
                                Ed Kretz Indian Motorcycles, 417 E. Garvey Blvd., Monterey Park, Calif
                                Guy Urquhart, 1041 Columbia Street, San Diego, Calif
                                Ang Rossi, 415 Davis Street, Santa Rosa, Calif
                                Kokomo Cycle Shop, 600 E. Markland Ave., Kokomo, Indiana
                                Massey's Motor Mart 1034 Territorial Road, Benton Harbour, Michigan
                                Egeberg Cycle Co., Minneapolis, Minnesota
                                Schrader Cycle and Marine Sales, 26 North Street, Cobleskill, New York
                                McDaniel and Son, 208 Person Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina
                                L.A. Hare and Son, 518 Hierholzer Street, Celina, Ohio
                                Indian Bluefield, Route #2, Bluefield, West Virgina
                                Huntington Indian, 301 W. 7th Ave., Huntington, West Virgina
                                Dick Donovan Indian Sales and Service, 57 Second Street, Yuma, Arizona
                                Timme Motorcycle Shop, 115 South Union, Pueblo, Colorado

Hope this helps.
                                Mike Dunn

Comment

Working...
                                X