No announcement yet.

40' Sport Scout Final assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 1940 Chief so I am partial to 1940 Indians. I know a lot of people like the pre-skirted Indian Scouts but I think the '40 Scout was the best of them all. Dave, is there any chance you could post a bigger picture? It looks like you did a beautiful job with the restoration.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

You have a beautiful SS Dave. I had a chance to put some miles on a friends 40 a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. Enjoy the miles and smiles to come.
      Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Great job Dave!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

That is a very sweet looking ride. I love my 40 SS and have put on alot of miles the last few years. Here's to you and your new love!
          20scout

Comment

Nice job Dave, enjoy

Comment

Let the good times roll !!!

Comment

The Scott Parker?
                http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/hall...age.asp?id=305
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

That guy is two years older and is into Harley's. My Grandpa raised me with a love for Indians...Here is a old photo of me reaching out to the bars when I was two years old in 1966. Grandpa liked and owned Harley's but he loved Indian's. I kept his membership running when I found his AMCA card in the mail a few weeks after he passed away. I'm sure he was paying his dues knowing he wasn't going to see that card in the mail.....and his mag and card never took too long to come in the mail.... sorry for changing the subject here and the bad picture

Comment

That's the way kids outta grow up Scott. Thanks for a little insight into your history! Cool Stuff!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Fantastic picture Scott. Should I ask if the Chief/Sidecar rig is still around?
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

My Grandpa bought the rig from his good friend Sam Pierce in the 60's and it was sold by the 70's to make room for his pre 20's stuff. He sold the rig to his other good friend Bob Stark who painted a rainbow job on it. Bob then sold it to O.H. Hood who sold it back to Grandpa some thirty few years after the first time of owning it. Grandpa sold the rig in 2001 to a nice guy up seattle way that I have become good friends with...someday he will let me re enact the photo and I'm sure take a spin also. Here is a picture of Grandpa's good friend Ken Edmiston ( oregon trail chapter run in his honor this year ) on the rainbow a few years back. It was fun to tell the story... thanks. Scott

Comment

I really like seafoam blue on old Indians...beautiful bike Dave

Comment

Scott, it's great to see the Chief is still close to you. Things like that are important. Dave, I see that you got your exhaust system chromed. I couldn't find a chrome plater in central Florida that had a big enough tank to do the welded up rear header and muffler assy. so mine is flat black. Scott's right about the seafoam blue, it looks great on your bike.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, I only have about 53 miles on it so far, haven't got to drive it much yet. Weather is starting to get nicer around here though. It wasn't an all out restoration, just decent and presentable. The exhaust is actually ceramichromed, so we will see how it works out in the long haul, but should suffice for now. One can always upgrade over the years. Great photos by the way Scott.

Comment

Dave, did you have the plater add the ceramic coating ? I have the Chrome Guard product that Kiwi sells and I am wondering if I should have the plater do a ceramic coating or use Chrome Guard ceramic powder myself ? any thoughts ? I blued my pipe while adjusting the carb and I don't want it to happen again. Thanks, Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X