Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '37 Junior Scout

First (coarse) Thread:
    My nephew & I are the proud new owners of a of '37 Junior Scout basket case.
    We think there's enough to make one good one.
    Although we get the impression that the Jrs were considered inferior by some enthusiasts, we think it'll be a good bike when completed.
    To that end, we are missing some of the small stuff and need to replace the usual engine internals--after all, the thing is 70 years old!

IS ANYONE CONSIDERED A JUNIOR SCOUT 'EXPERT'?

IS THERE ANY ONE GOOD SOURCE FOR '37 JR. SCOUT OR 30.50 PARTS?

Thank you, Glenn Shriver (AMCA # 9944)

Far from an expert, but I have ridden with a couple Junior Scouts. I think you will be surprised, they will run along quite nice at 35 or so. They well go faster but thats a nice speed on them and they have a good sound, good ol v twin. As long as your not wanting to run fast, just enjoy the ride - I bet you will love it. A couple months ago in the amca mag they had one running at the salt flats! Good luck with yours and have fun, hopefully any of the big Indian shops will be able to help you out.

Comment

Jr. Scouts are cool !

Tom is bang on. I am the guy with the salt flat jr scout. Incidently it still holds the AMA record. Not your ordinary junior. I may be able to help you out a bit.Some parts are out there but they don't show up often. I have wondered lately where all these little Indians went to.Call me as I am brutal at typing. 1 204 831 8165. Up till midnight most nights.

Comment

Thanks, Ross.
        I will phone.
        I just stopped in at Rocky's on my way back from VT and the Annual North American Vincent Rally. Both Rocky & Toney were riding their Indians in Death Valley! (Yikes! I hope they survive.)
        Meanwhile, they sent my check for parts back, as they thought I was ordering regualr Scout stuff. They do have some stuff, but I'm not sure if they know it.
        I need a battery tray, and a complete front hub with axles, etc.. I have the front brake assy.
        Meanwhile, I've found some other stuff at Jerry Greer's. Todd is making the fork spindles and bushings.
        The Iron Wigwam (or something like that) have Jr. fork spindles, but their web thing locked my computer up for days!
        This is going to be more difficult than I thought.
        I think most of them must've ended in the land fill.
        Too bad.
        Thanks again,
        Glenn Shriver.

Comment

Working...
        X