No announcement yet.

Sport Scout double seat mounting help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul--There was no hardware on the production drawing, as it was only for the actual production of the seat. I have had mixed results reusing leather covers. The open seam type are especially troublesome as there is not a lot of leather close to the edge and you have to sew back through the original holes. Also the leather has probably shrunk over the years. Your best bet for a riding ( vs sit around and looking at it) would be to have a new cover put on. You have my e-mail if you want to discuss this further---Michael

Comment

Yup - that's what I figured Michael. Will be in touch soon. Thanks. Gotta get this mechanical figured out quickly.

Tom - Only problem I had with my stunningly attractive, ultra great sport, kind and warm, sometimes wickedly sarcastic, 138lb grandma -lady friend was that the clutch was not tight enough with combined weight. My fault. I blamed it on the extra weight in the saddle bags. hee-hee... Clutch pressure plate adjusted properly now, put an extra fiber in it. The sport scout has some real torque. I agree it's not a problem at all riding two up, 50-55mph.

Two teeth up on the front sprocket 18-20T. Must tear down engine and check bore and valve guides. I think I may have the soft guide problem. I didn't treat them. But that's another issue.

The seat doesn't have the bulk of a chummie or buddy. I really like that fact.

Comment

uhgggg... I am so busted. Who the heck is reading this?Correction. A fluxuation between 118 and 121lbs would be more accurate. Sorry baby.

Mike, do you have the circular indian crest/stamp?

Comment

Yes Paul I have the Indian head stamp------

Comment

Working...
          X