1950 Warrior TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Warrior TT

New to forum, and verticals , Just found and picked up this beauty! Mostly complete and accurate, missing skip plate, and forks are incorrect, Ill be looking for insight, and knowledge as i go through this bike as this is my first vertical and while I've found a lot of info, and a few sources for parts i know i will run into things that are outside of my comfort zone and previous experience!
    warrior 1.jpg warrior 2.jpg warrior.jpg

Welcome Wilyimz1 Nice looking Indian

Here is a shameless plug to check out your local chapter:
    antiquemotorcycle.org/content.aspx?page_id=225&club_id=327323

Comment

Good start Wilyumz1. You have a little ways to go if you want a correct TT. The missing and incorrect parts in the photo are head light, no speedometer, carb filter, tool box, foot pegs, lower fork dust covers, saddle, both fenders and braces, did not use the silver thing on the battery, grips, handlebars, rigid rear frames were never used on a TT and you will need spacers and I don't see a skid plate.
      These guys can help you find correct parts; Wally Brown at BMB Cycles 18800 Shearer Road, Davidson, NC 28036 email bmbcycles@gmail.com, Jim Preussner at Southwest Vintage Cycles PO Box 89, 89 Chambon Road, Lemitar, New Mexico, 87823, email swvintagecycle@hotmail.com and the newest source--Brian Groff at Indianvertical.com who has a shop at 31 S Maysville Street, Mount Sterling, KY 40353. Jim's website is not order-activated, though Brian's is up and running. You can order anything from Wally as if they don't have it, they will make it if you absolutely need the part.
      Good luck and let me know if you need parts photos for reference or any other information.
      -JR.

Comment

Great info ! Thanks for the assist and knowledge, first order of business will be mechanicals , oil pump seal mod, cup, clutch bearings etc,, a thorough cleaning and then go from there

Comment

One of our members Marc Milton ( Fort Sutter Chapter) has a Warrior TT that he used to race a little and he sometimes brings it out to our annual National meet at Dixon every June. If he knew you'd be there he'd make it a point to. It barks! His wife Vicky has a really nice 249 I believe it's a twin and not a 149. I could be wrong. The Yreba Buena Chapter is having it's National Road Run in Cloverdale in two weeks just up the road from the Bay! Even if you don't want to join in officially you could stop by and meet a bunch of great people and get hooked up with the Bay area chapter.
          DrSprocket

Comment

Mine won’t be road ready yet but I may take my scout and say hello

Comment

Update, work schedule change I’ll have this beauty in my garage tomorrow night ! Saturday will be the beginning of the new build thread !

Comment

What's the engine serial number?
                -JR

Comment

cant read all of it it appears to be x-xx55 x only legible numbers are the 55 frame is B 1255T someone took a letter stamp (a T) and beat the hell out of the rest of it so only thing remaining that i can see legibly is the 55 portion

Comment

Working...
                  X