'41 SS color concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '41 SS color concept

Well, it's beyond a concept now as I just finished all the color top coat painting. The below picture is a Photoshop I did on the '41 factory photo. Trying to think of a color haunted me from the day I got the bike which is close to 2 years now. I confess that I did dilly-dally on the sheet metal prep but I still have many, many hours into fitting, metal working, and surfacing before any primer, or paint went on. Now that it's in color, I'm going to give it 2 or 3 weeks to cure before I color sand, clear coat, finish sand, and polish. Painting is hard work but the result is always worth the effort to me.

blogpaint.jpg
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

...that's a real "looker" Eric! Very nice!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I appreciate that, Harry. BTW; how are you doing on your 101 ?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Nice Eric
        Tangerine and Black Very Nice!

Comment

That looks great Eric….and it’ll confuse the Harley guys…

Comment

The following are recent pictures of my '41 SS. Very tough bike to do, but after 2 years of many challenging, and interesting problems, and puzzles, we are taking a break. It's pretty well done with wiring, upholstery, and some plumbing left to do. The love is still there, but enough is enough.

augsca.jpgaugscc.jpgaugscb2.jpg

Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,

AE240A72-36C6-40BB-B94B-5E8477E95F28.jpeg

Looking good man!

Comment

Joe, if it wasn't for your (Dad's) Sport Scout series, I would still be in the 'holding hands' part of this restoration. The details you focused on, the excellent photos, and spot on descriptions of SS construction are pure gold. Often I would think to myself; I wonder how they did this at the factory; then I'd say, let's see how Joe did this on his SS. I can't begin to thank you for the hard work you did to document, and photograph your progress.

I'll post more pics in the future.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Nice Job Eric~ sometimes you need a break to clear your head. Looking forward to pictures and your fresh start.
                  AMCA #41287
                  1971 Sprint SS350 project
                  1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                  1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                  1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                  96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                  2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                  plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Thanks so much Eric. I'm very close to the finish line with my father's bike. Sport Scouts are their own animal, like my friend Jules told me you can do two Chiefs in the time it takes for a Sport Scout. They are pretty though, aren't they?

(I do think that seat is going to be a bit rough on your butt though)

Comment

Working...
                    X