Grease Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Fittings

Can anyone tell me what year Indian switched from the Alemite flat top style fitting to the Zerk style fitting? I’m trying to determine what is correct for “37” SS. Thanks

I'm not saying this is authoritative by any means, but Greer's shows alemite fittings for 1936 Scouts, then standard (current hydraulic type) for 1937 Scouts. Greer's has been known to do their homework on this sort of detail...so there's that!
    Last edited by pisten-bully; 02-09-2022, 08:43 PM.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks, pisten-bully, I never thought to check Greer’s. I did see a survivor “36” with the Alemite style fittings and that got me wondering. My fork does have the Zerk style but some are missing.

Comment

Just FYI Harley switched in 1938.
        Dave

Comment

Rick Conner and Jerry Hatfield's books are good resources to use if you have to nail down the year of the switch.
          Make sure you get the Hatfield error corrections update, though to make sure.

-JR

Comment

1937-39 zerks were the larger ones. No correct modern equivalent because the new ones have the ball at the top. Original large and small zerks had ball recessed. Small ones are repop per.

Comment

Working...
            X