Blueprint Scout 37ci frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueprint Scout 37ci frame

I am looking for tecnical drawing(with measurements)or blueprint from a 1924 Scout,so i can restore the frame of my Scout(they swopped engine and messed up the frame).Or any info where to get them.Thanks

I would be very surprised if any engineering drawings existed for most any Indian. When Indian closed it's doors on domestic manufacturing, they had a major house cleaning at the wigwam in Springfield. There are stories of railroad hopper cars being filled with (now) priceless artifacts, tooling, engineering drawings, and stuff we would kill for today. However, a lot of parts survived all over the world, and I think that is what kept Indian's heart beating in it's darkest days. I had an early Scout, and I had the same problems as you are facing. Someone was going to make it into a Chout so the rear motor mounts were axed. I back (or redneck) engineered mounts for an early Scout motor, and trans I found. Frame restoration has very basic goals which are perpendicularity, wheels in-line, and a motor/trans assembly that sits square, and un-bound in the frame. I took lots of pictures of early Scouts, and was lucky to have a friend that had an early '20s Scout to look at. Lots of welding, fabricating, and grinding to where I was happy with the engine fit. Then after all that work, I traded it away for something else. Crazy hobby.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

they swopped engine and messed up the frame
      I don't know what a swopped engine is but it sounds terrible.
      Did they cut frame tubes or just engine mounts ?
      Post a photo.

Comment

How badly messed up is your frame? Has it been cut and altered? Are parts missing? I doubt that any tech drawings of early frames have survived. The best option is beg, borrow or steal a similar frame for reference. Some castings are available or can be made. 1924 frame had treaded hole for seat post, rear brake lever pivot was mounted above frame and tank mount plates had 4 holes instead of 8.

Comment

I have a 25 Scout, can try to get you some photo's of certain areas if it would help, might not be able to see things to well though as mine is all together. Don't know of any drawings, maybe check the virtual library.

Comment

they cut part of the 2 vertical tubes that go from under the engine to the steering mount.engine-mounts are cut off,footboards are in the right place.They also "removed" the kickstarter-mount.Seat-post is untouched.

Comment

I have a '25 and a '27 scout bare frame in my shed if you need any pictures or dimensions.

Comment

Want to sell one?

Comment

Originally posted by 101tpee View Post
                  Want to sell one?
                  Not at this stage, 25 will be made to run again as is with patina, its a 95% complete bike, and the 27 frame will be used for a Wall of Death bike sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by someozybloke View Post
                    I have a '25 and a '27 scout bare frame in my shed if you need any pictures or dimensions.
                    should be GREAT!from the 1925 frame I need exact length of the tubes under the engine(horizontal part till they go up);the angle(degrees) where they go up to steering-mount;exact distance between seat-post and engine-mounts;the angle(degrees) and length of the downtubes(measuring from steering-mount,at what distance do they separate):exact position of the kickstartermount.
                    I hope you understand the measurements i need(if not,send me your email and i send you a picture)THANKS!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X