Military oil bath air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military oil bath air cleaner

Looking for some reference pics for the short round oil bath air cleaner on military Indian motorcycles. Any body have some pics they would be willing to share? Thanks!
    Last edited by 20scout; 05-23-2017, 03:15 PM.
    20scout

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112239801830...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Thanks, it's a start but is it the same as Indian?
      20scout

Comment

indian 741 aircleaner

DSCN0996.jpgDSCN0996.jpg
        I also have 741 project and took these reference pics at Oley this year. Bike was presented by owner as his fathers unrestored original paint 741.I have also seen the round air cleaner and believe either is correct but don't know for sure.
        Tom

Comment

Early type,

And later type

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I believe 741's used both the short round ones as well as the square ones and the 340 and 344's used the tall round air cleaners. Focusing on the round ones as I have a non MC one that I may be able to convert. Looks like I'm just going to have to find one that I can compare them two side by side. Thanks everyone!
            20scout

Comment

I found this pic online. I was thinking about putting a round one on my 640B but may not be worth the effort.
              Attached Files

Comment

Based on the pics in Tech manual Robbie posted it appears the round and improved square type also use different carb adapter and hose.
                The red bike seems to have a mismatch custom combination of the two types
                Tom

Comment

The manual shows a 640 while the red bike may be a 741?
                  20scout

Comment

I think the red scout is not a 741,based on the primary drive mag drive cover and the rear frame strut,but I am no expert.
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X