No announcement yet.

1939 Scout Sport Frame and Tranny For Sale Earlier post was incorrect as a 1936

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Scout Sport Frame and Tranny For Sale Earlier post was incorrect as a 1936

Hello, please see photos. I posted this yesterday as a 1936. It is a 1939. The frame is not all original as the instrument platform and seat bracket have been cut off so I believe it was possibly a racer or bobber.
    See rear tranny/engine plates. The transmission was dismantled as the brass bushings on the cluster were worn and sloppy. The gears look okay to me and 98% of the parts are there. The bronze thrust bushing is worn out, a washer on the drive side is missing but all is there, clutch is complete with inner primary cover with usual chain rash. The drive sprocket looks worn. Ask any questions. I'm in Los Angeles, CA. Need to sell due to health issues.
    Attached Files

What are you asking form them?

Comment

Hello, I'm looking for offers for now. Wanted to avoid ebay.

Comment

Bruce,
        What's the part number on the transmission? You are mostly like correct on the front scout frame. Now the rear section seems to be from a 741 military model. Rear frame does not have the vertical bars and a tab with two holes on this vertical post typical of 1938-39 models. The rear section should also have a part number which would indicate which model this is. I am guessing the part number is stamped on the lower left section where the wheel axle is inserted.

I am looking for a 1939 indian scout except for the engine and transmission.

moto1969

Comment

Hello Moto, the trans # is 85592. I dated the rear section from the stamped number on it using a page from the wildriders.org site which ID's it as a scout sport or dispatch tow.
          That's all I know. What models with the vertical bars from?

Comment

I have military manual which shows the 741 frames with and without the rear downtubes.

Comment

Is any of the items available? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X