741 Motor number (or lack thereof).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 741 Motor number (or lack thereof).

I have a 741 motor that does not or appears to never have had a motor number stamped on it. What gives?.

I have the same type of motor with a pulley sprocket on it.I was told this was a propriatory motor.it was probably sold for a generator or some piece of farm machinery.I plan on putting it in a 741 frame.Any problems getting a title?Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

My motor is on a bike that probably was built in the 50s. It's a 41 or so 741 45 inch motor in a 39 scout frame titled as a 1939 Indian Sport Scout. When I bought it 34 years ago, the seller (who is now deceased) said the motor was a surplus motor, and he put a bonneville cam in it with some other stuff. I never followed up with him to get more info. I'm sorry I didn't. He apparently built it and got it titled somehow. I never noticed that there was no motor number on the engine or title. I was just curious if anyone else had this issue. Sorry I can't help with any title info. Thanks for replying.

Comment

NOS 741 motors were cheap after the war thru early 60s..no number because it was a military spare engine.Same with HD WLA motors

Comment

Thanks, thats kinda what I thought.

Comment

Working...
          X