Correct horn for 1924 Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct horn for 1924 Scout

I'm hoping someone can post a photo of the correct horn button for a 24 Scout. Restoration is almost complete with just the wiring to go. in fact the bike has been ridden over the last 2 years - finally getting around to the finishing touches now though. Photo attached of the before and after.

The bike was a complete original thing when I got it, imported to Adelaide, Australia from new. Later "improvements' had been made over time, like later cylinders and forks - but all the original parts were still with the bike in a box - so it's been restored back to the way it was when new with much help from a friend.

The puzzle is that it came with an EA Labs electric horn (not fitted and past redemption I'm afraid), but there's no sign of holes in the handlebars where the horn wiring would have gone (and no horn switch to provide clues). Can anyone help with photos of the original horn button (switch) and a source to buy one please?

Rob
    Attached Files

Very nice machine, have you checked the parts book? I think it looks like a kill switch, I have a 25 Scout. Maybe Walker machine, I well check my parts book. I believe the wires are outside the bars, nice Scout.

Comment

Yep wires are outside on early scouts. Horn is hot wire to battery and earthed at bars by small insulated lever switch which is clamped to bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Norvilbob View Post
        Photo attached of the before and after.
        Bob, nice job on the Scout! Wow!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

No worries - thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X