No announcement yet.

Wall of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working for a joint owner as a carnie kid was the best job ever. The Royal American Shows came into Winnipeg with their own train and spent the summer going right across western Canada. Got a Christmas card each year and 10 years later got a call to come down and fix the carburetor on their Indian 101. Then sadly the Conklin shows took over at our annual EX. The Wall Of Death will always be my highlight forever and to those who keep them going my hats off to you. Makes me want to run away from home and join the circus.
    Ross

Comment

One more thing Indianut, I see on your list of venues for 2012 you are at Carl's place of business. As Matt is getting married around that time I might just have to make that show.
      Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
        . Makes me want to run away from home and join the circus.
        I've had those thoughts lately as well....
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
          I've had those thoughts lately as well....
          you can start your own. i have access to parts of a french wall marquee. it would look right at home up north. it's from the 20's.you know cory there is no tax on french antiques going into canada
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Would you be willing to deliver it?
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

For those of you interested in the "Dromes" there is a good little section on them in the "Harley-Davidson Reader". Why it's in there I'm not sure but I'm glad it is. The last chapter is written by the late Samantha Morgan and is well worth the time to read.

Here's an interview with Samantha and some footage of her riding the wall.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSIllzzJFg
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

The wall of Death is such a cool part of history. The American Motor Drome is setting up at our wedding next August, I am so excited.
                A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

About the drome or getting married????
                  D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Well, I am quite a bit more excited about getting married, but the motordrome comes in a close second. Merry christmas and happy new year DA
                    A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Comment

O.K.... the Wall of Death will be setting up at your wedding? Man, that's gonna be super cool! I follow your blog quite regular Matt and that gal of yours seems to fit right into the whole old bike scene. All the best to you.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

These are two Wall bikes that I bought a couple of years ago. Took them to Davenport for show and tell but didn't get any offers that were even close. I sold them to a guy in Italy. He found an old wall in a shipping contaner, so he quiting his job and is going on the road this summer.
                        He tracked these bikes down from a picture taken at Tenino,Wa. Now he is a Wall rider.
                        Cool bikes, 1920 Scout, 1930 101 Scout. I was told that they worked the East from Fl. to Maine. They were found in Kansas by One Eyed Bob

Comment

Terry,

Those are some cool wall bikes alright! I particularly like the yeller one. I recall when you had them for sale. At the time I was wishing for more disposable income!!! Wow, that dude from Italy is really going for it! Sounds like fun!!!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Where's the siren? You can't ride the wall with out a siren!
                              AMCA #3149
                              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
                              X