Powerplus Kick Starter Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerplus Kick Starter Clip

Can anyone direct me to a source for replacement parts for my 1917 Powerplus? Right now all I need is the clip that attaches to the primary cover that in turn holds the kick starter in place when not in use.

I would guess that Ziggy would have them, also Antique motorcycle works. Sorry to see no responce on your mag question, I will ask Johnny Eagles and git back to you with the info. Good luck with your Power Plus.

Comment

Thanks Tom, I'll check them out. Thanks for looking into the mag issue for me also!

I'm not trying to restart the motorcycle wars BUT I was beginning to wonder about the Indian team here on the board. I'm working on an old Harley JD as well and from a response standpoint (to date) the Harley team has been much more helpful.

Comment

i do believe your getting more responses from the hd guys because (as everyone knows) harleys are much more prone to breakage,therefore much more knowledge has been gained by them from all the fixing they have to do .also they know that their bike will break again soon , and they want to get the same forum guidance that they are currentley giving out i would love to see a pic of that powerplus , good luck ,tom c.
        1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

Hey Tom C.

I tried to attach some pictures of the PowerPlus but it seems my abilities in that arena are no better than my mag installation abilities. The files I tried to attach are too big (or maybe the bike is just too damn ugly). I'll get one of my sons to show the old man how to compress them and post them later.

Comment

How's that Power Plus coming Slamiste ? Sorry to hear the Indian folks have not been as quick to offer info, dont know why that's the case. The best Indian guys that I know, most dont even own a computer. I know several HD guys who are the same way. Funny too, but I know lots of folks in the club - AMCA - who don't have an interest in the clubs web site and hardly ever vissit it. Just surprising to me, as I enjoy checking it out almost every night. You have a JD too, you have some cool machines!

Comment

No progess

I've made no progress on the PowerPlus. I have two motorcycle lifts in my walk-in basement (I can't do the on the ground thing anymore) but right now one has my youngest sons "47" Chief on it for a number of repairs (still trying to get the darn worn kick lever stud out of the frame) and the other lift, which had the PowerPlus on it, now has my oldest sons "47" U on it for some transmission work. These youngsters always wait until the last moment to get their bikes ready for summer!

I did make some progess on my JD today. I finally got the engine cases split and they along with the flywheel assembly are now soaking in the degrease tank.

My goal is to have the PowerPlus at Wauseon this year so there's still plenty of time.

Best Regards,

Steve Slaminko

Comment

Did you ever end up finding a source for the clip to hold the kick starter? as I need one as well for a 17 powerplus

Jason

Comment

Working...
                X