where to buy tires ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy tires ??

Are there any dealers that sell reproduction tires for a '49 Indian. Size 3.25 x 18
    thanks

this reply may generate some controversy, but i run COKER tires on my indians .my hd 45 has avons on it right now, i think they both run fine.lots of guys say the cokers ,especially in a wide tire ie:500/16 will feel like they are wishy/washy. i found that if you keep the pressure up this problem goes away.i think in a skinnier tire you wont have this problem .
    try www.coker.com or 1-800-251-6336 and im sure they will get a catalog right out to you.good luck,tom

Comment

I think you're referring to the Indian vertical Scout tire. Indian seems to have made their rims a little oversize so that customers would have to buy tires from them. That's tough to do now. Bob Stark was supposed to have a batch of modern tires that work well with the Indian rims. You should be able to get most other brands to work but you'll really have to lube them up and put the air to them to get the bead seated. Be careful! It may also help to grind a little rubber away from the bead. Another option is to have new standard size rims laced up. As far as exact reproductions of Indian tires in that size, I'm not aware of any.

Comment

just took a look in my coker catalog , they do make a 3.25x 18 tire ,dont know the exact applications tho. i wasnt aware that vertical twin rims were an oddball size,im learning every day it seems. today i learned to make sure my hand is in the proper location when using a pnuematic nail gun!

Comment

Consensus seems to be that the vertical rims are actually 18.25. I just read a news article last week that said an alarming number of people are learning the proper way to use a nail gun. I do enough damage to myself with a hammer.

Comment

Working...
          X